These Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders are an awesome way to feed a hungry crowd on game day!
I’m a huge fan of buffalo wings, but I hate the greasy mess from frying them. These sliders couldn’t be any easier. Just throw chicken, buffalo sauce and butter into your crock pot, cook until tender, shred and serve on buns with ranch dressing. I use a buttermilk ranch dressing dry mix for the ranch, it tastes so much better than bottled ranch on these sliders, I add just a touch more buttermilk than the recipe calls for to thin it out. I brush the buns with olive oil, and toast them under the broiler in the oven. I then rub a garlic clove over the crusty buns to give them more flavor.
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Frank's Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 buttermilk ranch packet
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Sourdough or Ciabatta slider buns
- olive oil
- garlic clove
- Place the chicken, buffalo sauce, and butter (no need to melt) into a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the ranch dressing by whisking the ranch packet, buttermilk, mayo and black pepper until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
- Preheat oven to Broil.
- Split the buns in half, place cut side up onto a cookie sheet.
- Brush the cut sides of the buns with olive oil.
- Place under the broiler for 5-7 minutes, watching carefully until browned.
- Remove the buns from the oven. Cut the garlic clove tip off, and rub the garlic onto the browned split part of the buns.
- Assemble the sandwiches with the chicken and ranch.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks.
Need an easy dessert idea for your party? This Caramel Apple Pie Dip is so easy to make.