JALAPEÑO CRAB DIP is a crave-able bite of cheesy, briny deliciousness that’ll disappear right before your eyes!
One of my all-time favorite munchie foods is an ooey, gooey cheesy dip. I mean really, who can resist drippy cheese dotted with an endless possibility of mix-ins. It’s heaven in a bowl. Today we’re taking that love to another level with the Jalapeño Crab Dip. Spicy jalapeños pair beautifully with briny crab meat! Forget all about the Crab Cake Recipe, this dip is where it’s at!
This dip has become one of my go-to dip recipes! I can mix up the dip and get it ready ahead of time, and then transfer it to the baking pan when I’m ready. It’s perfect for parties and OMG so freaking good! For anyone freaking about cheese and seafood together, come over to the dark side. It’s delicious! I promise. Please tell me you’ve had shrimp alfredo before. Same idea…no pasta.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion peeled and diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups jack cheese divided
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 2 jalapeños seeded and finely diced
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter in the skillet and then add the onions. Stir to coat the onions in butter. Cook stirring often until the onions are soft and begin to brown about 10 minutes. Remove the skillet from heat.
- To a mixing bowl add the cream cheese, 1 cup of jack cheese, jalapeños, crab meat, and onions. Use a fork to mix everything together until evenly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish. Spread the dip into an even layer, and then sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of jack cheese over the top of the dip.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the dip is bubbling around the edges. *If you want a golden hue to your cheese, turn your oven to broil on high and cook for 2-3 minutes or until your desired doneness is reached.
- Carefully remove the dip from the oven. Serve warm with crackers or chips.