I realized that I never eat crab! I love it but we really never eat it. Once I realized this I also KNEW that I had to have some fast! It’s not the cheapest though so I wanted to come up with a way to stretch it a bit. We’re eating quite a bit of quinoa right now as I watch what I eat a bit more getting ready for my brother’s wedding. It’s a great source of protein that can easily be added to a salad.
These quinoa crab cakes are so good!!! They really are very simple to make! When you serve them on a plate of balsamic mixed greens they look fancy enough to serve for a special occasion!
Qinoa Crab Cakes
- in a medium sized bowl combine the quinoa, crab, jalapeno, parsley, garlic, eggs, white wine, mustard, salt, pepper, old bay, paprika, and Panko
- heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat
- carefully form the crab mixture into 8 patties
- place 4 patties at a time onto the skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom
- using two spatulas flip the crab cakes over carefully, making sure to not break them apart
- cook another 3 minutes and remove to a paper towel lined plate
- add all ingredients except the water into a blender and puree
- if it's too thick, add water a tbsp at a time to thin it out
Balsamic Dressed Salad Greens
- in a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper
- place greens on top and toss
- Place a quarter of the greens on a plate and top with two of the crab cakes
- drizzle the crab cakes with the avocado cream and