Creamy, cheesy, intoxicatingly delicious Buffalo Macaroni and Cheese is guaranteed to be a family favorite and YOUR favorite with less than 10 minute prep AND its lightened up!
With school back in session, I know we are all in extra need of quick and easy meals but instead of grabbing for the blue box of mac, you can enjoy this mega easy, macaroni and cheese that is so packed with flavor and creaminess, you won’t believe you can create such deliciousness in such a short amount of time and you definitely won’t believe its lightened up!
I’ve used creamed sweet corn for its natural creaminess, texture and slight sweetness, and then creamified the sauce further with lightened cream cheese – NO extra butter, no time making a roux! Cheddar and mozzarella cheese further melt with buffalo hot wings sauce and a rainbow of spices for flavor packed creamy, cheesy bite after bite with just the right amount of heat.
I am so excited for you to try this crazy delicious pasta! Its the ultimate creamy comfort food that will have you licking the creamy, cheesy buffalo sauce off your plate – literally!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Dinner pin board!
- 1 pound cellentani pasta may sub rigatoni, penne, etc.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 14.75 can sweet creamed corn
- 4 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese cubed and softened
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup Frank's Hot WINGS Sauce not original hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- nonstick cooking spray
- Cook pasta al dente in generously salted water (don't overcook). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Saute onions for 5 minutes or until softened and slightly golden. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
- Turn heat down to medium and stir in creamed corn, cream cheese, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (1/3 for more heat) and spices. Stir until cream cheese is melted, then stir in cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese until melted. Add pasta and stir until evenly coated.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and add pasta. Sprinkle evenly with panko and lightly spray with nonstick panko spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes then broil until panko is golden.
You might also like:
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!