Creamy, cheesy, intoxicatingly delicious Buffalo Macaroni and Cheese is guaranteed to be a family favorite and YOUR favorite with less than 10 minute prep AND its lightened up!
With school back in session, I know we are all in extra need of quick and easy meals but instead of grabbing for the blue box of mac, you can enjoy this mega easy, macaroni and cheese that is so packed with flavor and creaminess, you won’t believe you can create such deliciousness in such a short amount of time and you definitely won’t believe its lightened up!
I’ve used creamed sweet corn for its natural creaminess, texture, and slight sweetness, and then creamified the sauce further with lightened cream cheese – NO extra butter, no time making a roux! Cheddar and mozzarella cheese further melt with buffalo hot wings sauce and a rainbow of spices for flavor-packed creamy, cheesy bite after bite with just the right amount of heat.
I am so excited for you to try this crazy delicious pasta! It’s the ultimate creamy comfort food that will have you licking the creamy, cheesy buffalo sauce off your plate – literally!
- 1 pound cellentani pasta (or other short pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 14.75 ounces canned sweet creamed corn
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese softened and cubed
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- ¼ cup Frank's WING Sauce (not the original hot sauce)
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Cook pasta in boiling water that's been salted generously until al dente (don't overcook). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Saute onions for 5 minutes or until softened and slightly golden. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
- Turn heat down to medium and stir in creamed corn, cream cheese, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (increase to 1/3 cup for more heat), and spices. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Add in cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese and stir until melted. Add pasta and stir until evenly coated.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and add pasta. Sprinkle evenly with panko and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Turn oven to broil and cook until Panko is golden brown. (Keep an eye on it!) Serve warm.
You might also like: