APPLE CIDER DONUTS make an amazingly delicious Fall breakfast because they are soft, moist, apple cider flavored donuts that are baked and not fried!
I love Fall, and Fall calls for Apples. Why? Because apples are the ultimate fall food. Think about it. What says Fall? Apple pie, Apple Cobbler, Caramel Apples, Candy Apples, and, of course, you gotta have Apple Cider.
For those cool, Fall mornings, you need these hot Apple Cider Donuts with the apple cider flavor with the hint of cinnamon and nutmeg to get you started on your busy day. They also make excellent afternoon sweet treats with a cup of apple cider.
Real Housemoms TV
We are big donut fans at our house, as you can tell by my Chocolate Mocha Baked Donuts with the Caramel Cream Glaze. However, I hate to fry foods, especially donuts. I don’t want greasy donuts or the extra fat and calories. That is why I baked these Apple Cider Donuts. Trust me, you won’t miss the extra grease. These Apple Cider Donuts are sweet and delicious!
These Apple Cider Donuts start with boiling down the apple cider. Why do I do that? It is because it increases the apple cider flavor in the donuts.
Another thing I do differently is to use all brown sugar instead of all white sugar or a combination of white and brown sugar. This gives the donuts a deeper, richer flavor.
In order to bake these Apple Cider Donuts, you will need a donut baking pan. Each one holds 6 donuts so you may need to make these donuts in batches.
Be sure to only fill each donut tin 2/3rd full or you will have apple cider biscuits instead of a donut because the hole will disappear.
Of course, don’t forget the Apple Cider Glaze for the donuts. That is the best part in my opinion!
Give these Apple Cider Donuts a try and swing back around here to let me know how you liked them. I’m sure you and your family will love them as much as we do.
Try some of my favorite breakfast recipes!
- Sausage Gravy
- Chorizo and Potato Breakfast Tacos
- Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake Loaf
- Maple Donuts
- Bell Pepper Bacon Onion Frittata
- More breakfast recipes…
- 2 cups apple cider
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
Apple Cider Glaze
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a donut pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over high heat, bring the apple cider to a rapid boil and cook about 12 minutes, or until the apple cider is reduced by half. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and spices. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, melted butter and cooled cider; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour in the buttermilk and stir.
- Spoon the batter by teaspoon into a donut baking pan and fill each donut tin until it is 2/3rd full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Bake in batches until all batches are baked.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 cups powdered sugar and 1 cup apple cider.
- Drizzle the apple cider glaze over the donuts and serve.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!