If chocolate and peanut butter is your thing, these cookie bars are for you! Made with just 6 simple ingredients, these easy Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars come together in no time!
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BARS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
When dinner is done, and the kids are in bed, I immediately start craving a chocolaty, sweet treat! I do my best to resist, but nothing beats a fabulous chocolate cookie, bar or brownie, am I right? These fantastic Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars always hit the spot, satisfying the most fierce chocolate cravings.
Not only are these bars delicious, they’re super simple to make using just 6 ingredients! You’ll start off with a simple chocolate cake mix, combined with melted butter and milk. The batter will be a little thicker than a cake, closer to that of a brownie batter. From here, you’ll spread HALF of that batter onto the bottom of a 9 x 13″ pan and then bake for about 15 minutes.
Right after you take the bars out of the oven, you’ll then pour cream peanut butter over the top of the hot crust. I actually heat the peanut butter in the microwave for a few seconds to make it easier to pour and spread. If you add the peanut butter straight out of the jar, you’ll likely tear the bottom crust while trying to spread it. While still in the glass measuring cup, I’ll heat it for 20-30 seconds, just to make is warm and pourable. From here, you can then pour the peanut butter, and spread it right onto the warm crust.
Over the peanut butter layer, you’ll then sprinkle semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. On top of the chips, the last layer is the second half of the batter. Simply spoon dollops of the batter randomly right over the top of the chips. Don’t worry about getting them uniform or even, as once they bake the batter will spread.
The last step to these delicious peanut butter bars is baking for another 15 minutes. The top batter will bake, and the chocolate and peanut butter will melt together beautifully. Once the baking is complete, let the bars cool to room temperature, and then cut into squares.
As you can see above, the center of these bars is a chocolate and peanut butter lovers dream! The chocolate and peanut butter swirl together perfectly and the top and bottom crust bring it all together for an amazing sweet treat.
- 15.25 ounce chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 c. melted butter
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter slightly warmed
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9 x 13" pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter, and milk. Mix until completely combined. Spread 1/2 of the batter into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Make sure to reserve the remainder of the batter. Bake the bottom crust for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven. While bottom crust is still hot, pour the warmed peanut butter evenly over the crust. Next, sprinkle with the chocolate and peanut butter chips. Using a teaspoon, evenly spoon small dollops of the reserved batter over the chocolate chip layer. Bake again for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into squares. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
If you loved this chocolate and peanut butter treat, check out some other fantastic treats like these: