Hot and melty Pizza Nachos are topped with an out-of-this-world garlic cream sauce and all of your favorite pizza toppings!
Crispy tortilla chips piled high and topped with a creamy garlic sauce and all-star toppings. These Pizza Nachos are sure to be an instant hit! Whether your jam is pepperoni and lots of cheese or “everything on it,” these customizable nachos are perfect for a party and fit for the family dinner table.
YOUR PIZZA FIX WITHOUT THE DELIVERY FEE
These fun and customizable Pizza Nachos are precisely what you need to kick that weeknight pizza craving! Hot, melty, and ready in a flash, these nachos are an instant crowd-pleaser. You’ll be their favorite delivery person- no tips required!
Nachos are a blank canvas! Get creative with these Sheet Pan Nacho or Loaded Potato Nacho recipes!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH PIZZA NACHOS
- Instant Pot Meatball Soup – Make it a meal with a bowl of hearty meatball soup.
- Fruit Pizza – Stick with the pizza theme and serve up a slice of this fresh and fruit Fruit Pizza!
Garlic Cream Sauce: This creamy sauce is the star of the dish! You’re going to need butter, olive oil, garlic, heavy cream, milk, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and fresh grated, melty parmesan!
Chips: Pick out your favorite crispy tortilla chips! I love cantina-style chips because they’re delicate, thin, and perfectly crunchy. If you like a sturdier chip to hold all those toppings, go for it!
Toppings: Top your nachos however you want them! I use my favorite pizza toppings for this recipe – diced onion, bell pepper, olives, mini pepperonis, and lots of Colby-Jack cheese!
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA NACHOS
STEP ONE: Start by making the garlic cream sauce for the Pizza Nachos. Melt together the unsalted butter and olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Once the butter is melted, stir in the minced garlic. Raise the heat to medium-high and stir in the heavy cream and milk until it comes to a boil. Then add the salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and parmesan cheese, constantly stirring until thickening. (This will happen quickly!) When the sauce is ready, remove it from the heat and set it aside.
STEP TWO: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. While the oven heats, build the nachos by laying the tortilla chips evenly over a baking sheet. Next, drizzle the garlic cream sauce evenly over the chips and top them with the diced onion, pepperoni, and other pizza toppings you like. Then top it all off with shredded Colby-Jack cheese.
STEP THREE: Once the pizza nachos are built to your standards, place them in the preheated oven and cook them for about 7 minutes. They are done when the cheese is bubbly and the veggies are warmed.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- The measurements for the toppings in this recipe are a great starting point, but feel free to adjust the toppings to create your perfect nachos!
- If you can’t all agree on the best pizza topping combination, you can layer different toppings on each side of the pan or separate creations onto separate baking pans.
OTHER PIZZA NACHO TOPPING IDEAS
The sky is the limit when it comes to pizza toppings, and the same goes for Pizza Nacho Toppings! You can’t go wrong with this delicious garlic cream sauce, pepperoni, and shredded cheese, but the rest is up to you! Feel free to play around with meats like sausage, salami, or bacon. Add a little spice with some sliced jalapenos or a little extra depth with some diced mushrooms and olives. Or go totally off the grid and create your specialty Pizza Nachos! Some ideas to run with our buffalo chicken pizza nachos and my personal favorite, BBQ chicken pizza nachos!
TURN IT INTO A NACHO BAR
These Pizza Nachos only take 7 minutes in the oven, so it’s super easy (and fun) to offer up individual pizza-sized baking sheets for them to create their own Pizza Nacho creations! Make a large batch of the garlic cream sauce and portion out small bowls of different topping options, cheeses, and garnishes. Your guests will love getting to create their own snackable masterpieces!
OTHER TASTY PIZZA RECIPES
- Slow Cooker Pizza Sloppy Joes
- Pepperoni Pizza Cheese Ball
- Best Ever Pizza Sauce
- Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Pizza Pasta Bake
*This post was originally posted on 10/14/2013.
Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1/4 cups Parmesan cheese shredded
- 11 ounces tortillas chips
- Garlic cream sauce
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups Colby-jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives drained (optional)
- 1/4 cup button mushrooms diced (optional)
Garlic Cream Sauce
- Add the butter and olive oil to a medium saucepan placed over medium-low heat. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and pour the heavy cream and milk into the pan. Whisk everything together. Keep stirring until it comes to a boil.
- Add the salt, pepper, chili flakes, and parmesan cheese. Continue whisking – the sauce will thicken pretty quickly, so keep it moving. Once the sauce is thickened, remove it from the heat, and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grab a baking sheet and spread the tortilla chips out over the pan in an even layer. Drizzle as much garlic cream sauce as you like over the chips. (You can serve more sauce on the side for dipping too.)
- Top with the onions and pepperoni (and other pizza toppings you're using). Sprinkle the shredded cheese all over the nachos.
- Bake until the cheese is nice and bubbly and the veggies are warmed through, about 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- If you can’t find mini pepperonis, you can use the regular-size pepperoni and cut them into quarters.
- You can add any of your favorite pizza toppings to these nachos. Play around and find your favorite combination.
This recipe is super easy and delicious! So glad I found this post. Definitely going to make this recipe again.
I’m wondering if those lazy cookers (like myself) could just use a jarred Alfredo sauce?
Oh, the cheese sauce alone is divine. The kids are gonna love this. I am doing a low carb version with a portobella mushroom cap instead of tortilla chips. And I subbed provel cheese for the parm. So creamy and good! Thanks
Thanks Mel! I bet that was tasty. 🙂
Andrani Foster says
Gotta try this!
Thanks Andrani! Let us know what you think. 🙂
Yum-my! Made this with a few changes. I put it in an 8×8 pan, doubled the sauce (I like my nachos best when they are soaked and getting soggy, might even triple it next time!), and added Italian seasoning to the sauce. I layered the chips in the pan, then some pepperoni, sauce and the colby-monterey, then I put another layer of chips with pepperoni and shredded mozzarella, the sauce and more colby-monterey. Delicious! Great recipe I’ll be using again!
Amanda Woods says
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this recipe!! HUGE hit with my extra picky kids! Thanks for sharing!!
Thank you so much Amanda!!! I am so glad you loved them. Thanks for letting us know!
Cindy @Hun... What's for Dinner? says
Mmmm, my kids would love this. Great idea! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.