Slow Cooker Pizza Sloppy Joes combine two family favorites, pizza & sloppy joes, into one easy yet yummy slow cooker recipe!
Frequently Friday night is pizza night at our house so I don’t have to cook and my husband can have one of his favorite foods. However, he has often said that he likes my homemade pizzas better than delivery. Since I work full-time and blog
part full-time also, I need recipes to be quick and easy. That is why I have a set of best crock pot recipes to satisfy my family.
Put it on in the morning and dinner is ready when I get home, and smells wonderful. Sometimes, in the evening, after dinner, I start cooking for tomorrow and then refrigerate it overnight. Since I had a pound each of ground beef and sausage, I browned them one night after dinner, along with onions and bell peppers. Then I put them in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning I placed them in the slow cooker. Then I mixed together pizza sauce, water, pepperoni, Italian seasoning, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic, and crushed red pepper, and poured that sauce over the ground beef and sausage. Then I put it on low and left for work.
When we got home that evening, the house smelled wonderful, and dinner was ready! That is just the best feeling after a long day of work. Combining pizza and sloppy joes together in one sandwich was a hit with Mr. Flavor Mosaic and me. Having the sauce simmer all day in the slow cooker gives it an amazing, robust flavor. Slow cooking gives the flavors plenty of time to fully develop. Yum!!! There is just something comforting to have your family’s favorite dinner ready when you need it. Just add the sloppy joes on buns and sprinkle with mozzarella or italian blend cheese and dinner is ready! For which busy day will you make this Slow Cooker Pizza Sloppy Joes?
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups Spaghetti or Pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, toasted
- in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef and sausage with onion and bell pepper stirring 10 minutes or until beef and sausage crumble and are no longer pink. Drain well.
- Place beef mixture in a slow cooker. Stir in pizza sauce, water, vinegar, mustard, worcestershire, garlic, italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper (if desired). Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. Serve on hamburger buns. Top the meat with Mozzarella cheese and Pepperoni.
If you like this recipe, try my Zesty Ranch Slow Cooker Carnitas
Another slow cooker recipe you may like is my Slow Cooker Chicken Marrakesh.