My Simple Broccoli Casserole Recipe is made with fresh broccoli in a luscious cheese sauce. Your family is sure to ask for it over and over again!
SIMPLE BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE!
Love it? Pin it to your SIDE DISH board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy casserole recipes are my go-to side dishes during the holidays. I can prep them ahead of time and bake when ready! My favorites include this Simple Broccoli Casserole Recipe, Baked Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Squash Casserole. Each one is tried and true and always a hit my dinner table…even when it’s not the holidays! This broccoli casserole recipe is incredibly easy to make and my kids love to help mix up the broccoli and then sprinkle on the crushed crackers and cheese. This recipe make cooking a family affair!
When I was growing up, the only way my mom could get me to eat broccoli was, well, never. Green beans? Don’t even think about it. Carrots, no problem, as long as I had plenty of ranch dressing to dip them in. My parents were very involved at the church we attended, and at the time, my dad taught the young adult’s Sunday School class. Every once in a while my parents would invite everyone over for a potluck style game night.
At one of these gatherings, I can recall one of the ladies bringing raw broccoli and cheese that she melted for dipping. She insisted it was delicious, and somehow managed to talk my stubborn teen self into trying it. Oh.my.word. I was amazed at how good it was, and have loved broccoli ever since. It’s even opened the door for with with veggies in general. I love all sorts of vegetables now, like these blue cheese pepper poppers or these glazed carrots with rosemary. What are you favorite vegetables to eat?
While I no longer feel the need to drench my broccoli in melted cheese, once in a while it is a must. Like with this broccoli cheese casserole. You could say it’s my version of the classic green bean casserole, but with broccoli. And if you can believe it, this broccoli casserole recipe has just 5 ingredients. FIVE! Nothing complicated here. I went with a cream of mushroom soup to bring everything together for this casserole, but if you want or intense broccoli flavor you could use cream of broccoli soup instead. It’s a really easy swap to make. And if you want your casserole super cheesy, swap out for cheddar cheese soup. I add extra broccoli when I use cheese soup to help balance things out.
How to Make Broccoli Casserole
- Simply combine and heat the cream of mushroom soup, milk, and cheese.
- Pour sauce over steamed broccoli.
- Top with crumbled crackers and more cheese before baking.
Now you have an amazing side for any night of the week, holiday or not! This recipe is seriously the easiest of all the broccoli casserole recipes, and your family is going to ask for it again and again!
Grab that glorious broccoli and let’s get cooking!
- Creamy Broccoli and Mushroom Chicken
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Broccoli Tots
- One Pan Chicken and Broccoli Rice
- Broccoli Salad
- More side dish recipes…
Tools used to make this Simple Broccoli Casserole Recipe
Large Pot: This pot is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
Steamer Basket: Cook your vegetables perfectly with this steamer basket! It’s a must-have for brilliant greens without boiling them to death!
Small Saucepan: While I use bigger saucepans for everyday cooking, having a small saucepan lets me make syrups, toppings, and sauce add-ins without taking over the stovetop.
Whisk: This is my favorite set of whisks. There’s a size for every job and the thicker handles give me a good grip.
Baking Dish: This baking dish is a must-have for any home cook. I actually have 3 of them in my cupboard, and each dish comes with a lid for storing leftovers or taking your dishes on the go.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside
- Steam broccoli in a large pot of simmering water until slightly crisp, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Drain the broccoli and transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the soup, milk, and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Cook for 3-5 minutes until warmed through and the cheese has melted.
- Pour the cheese sauce evenly over the broccoli. Top with most of the remaining cheese. Top with crushed crackers and more cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until top is golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- I used 3 crowns of broccoli, which yielded about 9 cups.
- If you prefer, you can substitute cream of broccoli soup.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!