Have you ever tried Easy Veggie Pizza before? With a buttery, crescent-roll dough base and lots of crisp, fresh veggies, this recipe is always a crowd pleaser!
I’m sure you’ve had (or at least heard of) Veggie Pizza before, but have you ever had this classic veggie pizza? Made with a buttery, crescent roll crust and covered with a creamy, tangy, dill-flavored dressing and all of your favorite fresh veggies. This appetizer is a consistent party pleaser just like a great bruschetta recipe. With summertime in full swing, this is a great and refreshing pizza, and maybe you even have all of the toppings in your garden already!?
EASY VEGGIE PIZZA
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I’ve been making this veggie pizza recipe for well over a decade now, it was one of the first party foods I ever learned how to cook and it remains one of my most-requested and most quickly devoured potluck recipes.
What really makes this veggie pizza so great is the flaky, buttery, crescent roll crust. This recipe uses two cans of crescent roll dough and the base. While occasionally I have used my homemade pizza dough when I haven’t felt like running out to the store, there’s something so classic and satisfying about that crescent roll dough (and this is coming from someone who lives for making things from scratch!).
Veggie Pizza Toppings
You can use your favorite toppings for your own veggie pizza, but the most popular toppings include:
- Broccoli florets
- Red or green pepper
- Shredded carrots
- And, of course, the classic cream cheese/sour cream/dill “sauce”.
Really though, the options are endless and you can include your favorites (or omit those that you don’t like). In the past, I have even made a “taco pizza” by substituting taco seasoning for the dried dill weed, and then using my taco salad as the topping… so good!
Can I Make Veggie Pizza in Advance?
This cresecnt roll veggie pizza can be made several hours in advance. However, I do recommend making it the same day you intend to serve it for best results, otherwise the crust can get a little bit soggy from the cream cheese/sour cream “sauce”. If you do need to store your veggie pizza, do so in an airtight container or wrap it well with plastic wrap.
In the past, when I have had to make this veggie pizza recipe in advance and knew that I wouldn’t have time to make it the same day I needed to serve it, I have baked the crust, prepared the “sauce”, and diced my veggies. Then I have just stored the crust in an airtight container at room temperature and the sauce and veggies each in their own separate airtight container in the refrigerator. Then, once you are ready to serve your veggie pizza, you can quickly and easily assemble the pieces… easy peasy!
So, what are you going to top your veggie pizza with?
Ready to chow down on some more pizza recipes?
- White Pizza Dip
- Mini Cauliflower Pizza
- Fruit Pizza
- Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- Pizza Nachos
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Easy Veggie Pizza recipe
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Rubber Spatula: Rubber spatulas are one of those kitchen tools you don’t realize how much you use until they’re all dirty. This set of three spatulas in various sizes and shapes will make cooking everything from dinner to dessert a breeze.
Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. This set is the best one I’ve owned so far and it comes with a knife block, steak knives, and an array of larger knives perfect for all your slicing, chopping, and cutting needs.
Cutting Board: A good-sized cutting board is a must for home cooks. This board is thick & sturdy and makes recipe prep a breeze.
- 16 oz refrigerated crescent roll dough (2 cans)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots I use matchstick carrots
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Open crescent roll dough and spread evenly into a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Press dough together at seams to make a cohesive crust and roll excess dough over itself at the edges to form a crust.
- Use a fork to pierce holes evenly over the crust then transfer to 375F and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow crust to cool completely before covering with toppings.
- While your dough cooks and cools, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, dill weed, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Stir well until completely combined.
- Once pizza crust has cooled, spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the surface.
- Top with chopped veggies, cut, and serve.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!