This easy White Pizza Dip is ooey, gooey and oh so delicious! It’s a sure-fire crowd pleaser that’s great for everything from game day to birthday parties!
There is a restaurant in our area that makes THE BEST white pizza. They are known throughout the land for their white pizza recipe and it’s no wonder. It has a thick, double crust, lots of gooey cheeses, sliced onions and plenty of Rosemary (my favorite part!). I love everything about this pizza. When I first came across this recipe for White Pizza Dip, I wondered if it could stand up to the real thing & come close to the deliciousness of my favorite indulgent appetizer, Warm & Cheesy Crack Dip. Let’s just say, I was not disappointed! And, neither were my friends.
WHITE PIZZA DIP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Some of you might be wondering what is white pizza?
- White pizza (or pizza bianca) is basically a pizza without tomato sauce. You can think of it as the best thin crust garlic cheese bread you’ll ever have. And if you have a family with mixed opinions (some that like sauce and some that don’t, like mine) you can serve my best ever pizza sauce alongside for dipping.
If you’re not sure about losing the tomato sauce, maybe these basics for how to make white pizza will sway you.
- Olive oil and garlic are used for the “sauce” over fresh pizza dough. Though I have seen alfredo sauce used too.
- Then the pizza is topped with LOTS of cheese, usually a combination of mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesan.
- Additional toppings can be added as well – like pancetta, basil, mushrooms, shaved asparagus, spinach, red onion, or whatever else you like!
Next to my Buffalo Chicken Dip and my Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip, this dip is right up there on my list of favorites! I was blown away by how incredibly easy this pizza dip is to make. It will take you longer to clean the baking dish than it will take to throw this dip together. Plus, you could easily mix it up ahead of time and bake it when you’re ready to eat so it’s nice and hot. And bubbly and cheesy…mmmmm. Or, you could make it in a mini slow cooker to keep it warm.
I like to serve pita chips with or baguette slices with this pizza dip. But let’s be honest, it’s good on just about anything – breadsticks, pretzels, broccoli or even just a spoon!People tend to go crazy over this stuff. At least, my family and friends do. It’s one of those recipes that you will be asked to bring to parties. Just be prepared. Trust me. I want to leave you with a word of caution…it is very hard to stop eating this dip once you’ve started. Keep that in mind!
Want more easy dip recipes?
- Slow Cooker 7-Layer Chili Cheese Dip
- Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
- Hot Onion & Cheese Dip
- Warm & Cheesy Crack Dip
- Crock Pot Pizza Dip
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this White Pizza Dip recipe
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Rubber Spatula: Rubber spatulas are one of those kitchen tools you don’t realize how much you use until they’re all dirty. This set of three spatulas in various sizes and shapes will make cooking everything from dinner to dessert a breeze.
Casserole Dish: This simple and elegant serving dish goes from oven to table! It’s a staple at our dinner table and I know it will be at your table too!
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Savory Herb and Garlic Soup Mix
- 16 oz container sour cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup pepperoni chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow, 1 quart casserole, combine soup mix, sour cream, ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup pepperoni.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella and pepperoni on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve hot with slices of Italian or French bread or your favorite cracker.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!