You’ll flip over this easy 7-layer Chili Cheese Dip! This is the best appetizer for every get-together, so break out the Fritos and enjoy!
Everybody loves chips & dip and this Slow Cooker 7 Layer Chili Cheese Dip is one you’ll want to serve over and over! The warm, melty chili, cheese and sour cream layers mesh with the fresh, crispy layers of jalapenos, onions, tomatoes and olives for the ultimate dip – it’s a party in your mouth!
7 Layers Everyone Will Love!
7-layer recipes are everywhere! 7-layer salad, 7-layer dessert and 7-layer dip. There must be something magical about 7-layers!
The magic in this slow cooker recipe is using chili instead of Mexican refried beans. It’s a total game-changer! Chili makes the perfect foundation for this appetizer and the entire chili cheese dip takes only minutes to put together!
Other Recipes like 7-Layer Chili Cheese Dip
Appetizers are our favorites! Sometimes I make this Jalapeno Crab Dip for dinner – it’s perfectly served with crackers or toast.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crock Pot is one of our game night favorites!
- This Sausage Cream Cheese Dip is a 3-ingredient show stopper!
Crock Pot Dip: For the dip base, use two cans of chili, a container of sour cream, and a package of sharp cheddar (no Velveeta in this dip!)
Toppings Layer: Top this delicious dip with sliced jalapenos, green onions, tomatoes, and black olives.
How to Make Slow Cooker 7-Layer Chili Cheese Dip
STEP ONE: Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray. Spread the chili as the first layer, add the sour cream as the second, then the shredded cheddar as the third. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
STEP TWO: Top the warm crock pot layers with olives, jalapenos, tomatoes, and green onions. Serve with Fritos Scoops, and enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Use Roma tomatoes! They are less juicy than most tomatoes, making them the perfect dip topper!
- Before layering, stir the sour cream well, then spoon it in dollops all over the chili layer. Now you can use a spatula to smooth out this layer quickly.
How long can I keep chili cheese dip leftovers?
If you have any leftovers (which rarely happens!), transfer them to an airtight container. They’ll be good in the fridge for another 4-5 days. Freezing isn’t recommended for this dip.
Can I substitute other ingredients?
Of course! I love this recipe as it is, but you can easily alter the cheddar for pepper Jack, the sour cream for cream cheese, or the green onions for finely sliced Vidalia onions. Or omit one of the toppings and have a 6-layer dip!
Other Delicious Dip Recipes
- Layered Bacon Ranch Dip
- 7 Layer Dip
- Layered Ranch Dip
- Layered Nacho Dip
- Mexican 7 Layer Cream Cheese Dip
- Greek Layered Dip
*This post was originally posted on 03/19/2015.
- 30 ounces canned thick chili (2 cans)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2.25 ounces canned sliced black olives drained
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños sliced (jarred)
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup green onions thinly sliced
- Fritos scoops for serving
- Spray the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Start by spreading the chili in the bottom of the crock first. Next, add the sour cream in spoonfuls all over the top of the chili, and then take a spatula to spread it out evenly. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Remove the lid and add the olives, jalapenos, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Serve with Frito Scoops for dipping.