Rock your guests at your next fiesta with this easy, cheesy, totally layered with flavor, Layered Nacho Dip. It’s a crowd favorite!
Creamy, cheesy Layered Nacho Dip is the indulgent appetizer all of your guests are looking for at the party! In less than 30 minutes and with only five ingredients, this Layered Nacho Dip comes together quickly for a dip that is loaded with cooling cream cheese and sour cream, mixed with taco flavors, topped with salsa, and shredded cheese.
Layered Dip for the Win
I love finding new appetizers to wow my friends and family with, especially if they are easy and ridiculously delicious! I know we all feel like rock stars when we find “the dish” that everyone just raves about and for us, it’s Layered Nacho Dip. Now I have to make it for every get-together and I’m totally ok with that! I love how I can make this dip as spicy as I want with a hot or regular taco seasoning mix and medium, mild or hot salsa. This Layered Nacho Dip is an absolute must on game days, family game nights, and Cinco De Mayo festivities.
Other Recipes to Serve with Layered Nacho Dip
- Rotel Dip is another perfect dip for game days or Cinco De Mayo, especially when you want all the cheese!
- Chicken Enchilada Dip is like an enchilada on a chip so it’s great for parties and supreme snacking.
Dairy: You’ll need cream cheese, sour cream, and a bag of shredded Mexican four-cheese blend. If you can’t find the Mexican cheese blend, Colby-jack will work fine.
Salsa: One jar of your favorite salsa that is your preferred heat level.
Seasoning: You can use store-bought or homemade taco seasoning for this recipe.
How to Make Layered Nacho Dip
STEP ONE: In a medium bowl, stir the cream cheese until it is soft. Add the sour cream and taco seasoning and mix until everything is well incorporated.
STEP TWO: In a shallow cake pan or shallow baking dish or pie plate, spread the cream cheese mixture evenly across the bottom. Layer the salsa over the top and then sprinkle the cheese over the entire dip.
STEP THREE: Let the dip chill and firm up in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Top with sliced green onions and serve with tortilla chips!
Tips for Success
- Let the cream cheese soften on the counter for a bit to make stirring and mixing easier.
- Remember that you can make this dip to your favorite level of spiciness but feel free to mix and match the heat level of the taco seasoning and salsa!
- Use a shallow dish for easiest access and maximum scooping.
How Long Does Layered Nacho Dip Last?
If covered completely and refrigerated, Layered Nacho Dip will last 3-4 days so feel free to make it ahead of time or keep enjoying those leftovers!
More Amazing Party Food
- Hot Jalapeno Crab Dip
- Ultimate Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
*This post originally posted on 05/01/2013.
- Put the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sour cream and taco seasoning and mix until evenly combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a glass baking dish or pie plate in an even layer.
- Evenly spread the salsa over the cream cheese, and then cover the top of the dip with shredded cheese.
- Chill until the cream cheese firms pp a bit, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge, add some green onions on top for garnish, and serve with tortilla chips for dipping.