This spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crock Pot is a creamy mix of cheese, chicken, and spicy buffalo sauce that is the perfect appetizer for parties!
Buffalo Chicken Dip has been a favorite of mine for years, and now that I can make my Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crock Pot I can’t wait for the next party! Chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, and spicy buffalo sauce all go into the Crock Pot and a few hours later you have a creamy, spicy, perfectly dip-able buffalo chicken dip. It’s the appetizer version of my favorite crockpot buffalo chicken and it disappears at parties!!
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP (CROCK POT)
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Ever since I discovered crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip it’s been my go-to appetizer for parties, potlucks, and pretty much anytime I can find an excuse to make it. The creamy, cheesy, dip has just the right amount of spice from the buffalo sauce and it’s perfect for scooping up on a crisp tortilla chip, or a crunchy piece of celery.
Making slow cooker buffalo chicken dip is all about convenience. When you’re feeding a bunch of people it’s great to include some easy recipes that don’t require a lot of ingredients and don’t take a lot of time to make. My recipe for Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip (crock pot) couldn’t be any easier!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crock Pot
- It starts with cooked, shredded chicken. You can make the chicken yourself by boiling it in a pot of water until it is cooked. then you shredded the chicken using two forks. Another alternative is using canned chicken. My favorite way to save some time and get lots of flavor is to buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it.
- The shredded chicken goes into the Crock Pot with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce. Place the lid on and let it cook for 3-4 hours on low heat or 1-2 hours on high heat, stirring every 30 minutes or so, until the whole mixture is heated through.
- You’ll know it’s ready when the cream cheese is completely melted and as you stir it everything combines into a super cheesy, creamy, spicy, dip. I like to sprinkle a little extra cheddar on top at the end, place the lid back on, and let it melt over the top before serving.
You’ve got lots of choices when it comes to serving your Buffalo Chicken Dip. I set my Crock-Pot on the table and make a big platter of veggies, like bell peppers, celery, and carrots, crackers, and tortilla chips. Then I open the lid and let everyone dig in. I don’t think I’ve ever had leftovers at the end of the night.
Serve up more amazing crock pot appetizers with these recipes!
- Crock Pot Chicken Wings Recipe
- Crock Pot Cheeseburger Dip
- Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Kielbasa Bites
- Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Onion Dip
- Chicken Tikka Masala Meatballs
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make the best Buffalo Chicken Dip (Crock Pot) recipe
Crock-Pot: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
Rubber Spatula: Rubber spatulas are one of those kitchen tools you don’t realize how much you use until they’re all dirty. This set of three spatulas in various sizes and shapes will make cooking everything from dinner to dessert a breeze.
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1.5 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Combine cooked chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese in the Crock Pot and stir together.
- Place lid on an set to LOW heat for 3-4 hours or HIGH heat for 1-2 hours. Stirring every 30 minutes.
- The dip is ready when the cheese is fully melted and you no longer see chunks of cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese over the top and place the lid back on, letting the dip continue to cook until the cheese on top is melted.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or veggies.