Your lips will love you for using this flavorful Chocolate Lip Scrub that you can easily make with ingredients you already have on hand!
Easy to make and a real money saver, this DIY Chocolate Lip Scrub is perfect to keep at home or to give as a gift! Sweet and functional, this natural scrub is made from sugar, cocoa powder, olive oil, and honey, with a hint of vanilla to smooth and hydrate your lips.
SAVE MONEY AND MAKE YOUR LIP SCRUB AT HOME
While lip balms can moisturize dry and chapped lips, I find that lip scrubs are wonderful for pulling off dry skin and leaving my lips nice and smooth. Lip scrubs can come with a hefty price tag, but why pay for a high-priced sugar lip scrub when you can make your own Chocolate Lip Scrub with ingredients found right in your pantry!
If you find yourself looking for other fun DIY beauty projects to use at home or to gift, try DIY Pumpkin Hand Soap and DIY Vanilla Bath Salts!
OTHER GIFTABLE DIY RECIPES
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Hot Chocolate Bombs – Hot chocolate bombs make amazing gifts for the holidays, or year round! Pair with a container of chocolate lip scrub for the perfect self-care kit!
- Strawberry Hot Chocolate Bombs – This festive hot chocolate bomb is perfect for strawberry and white chocolate lovers!
Dry Ingredients: This scrub combines cocoa powder and sugar as natural lip exfoliants.
Wet Ingredients: The dry ingredients are mixed with olive oil, honey, and vanilla extract to add sweet moisturizing elements.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE LIP SCRUB
STEP ONE: In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Feel free to play around with the recipe until you have your own version of the perfect chocolate lip scrub.
STEP TWO: Apply a small amount of this sugar lip scrub to your lips and gently exfoliate by rubbing it in small, gentle circles. Let it sit on your lips for a minute before wiping it off with a wet cloth or licking it off.
STEP THREE: Store the remainder of the lip scrub in a small airtight container and store in a cool dry place or the refrigerator.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- This lush chocolate lip scrub is easily customizable! For more caramel notes, you can switch out white sugar with brown sugar.
- You can also substitute coconut oil for olive oil or almond extract for vanilla. Just pick your favorite flavors and create the perfect scrub for you!
- For best results, store this chocolate DIY lip scrub in a cool dry place for up to a month. It will last up to two months in the fridge, but the cold will harden the oil.
IS CHOCOLATE LIP SCRUB EDIBLE?
Absolutely! Everything in this lip scrub is 100% edible. Once you are finished exfoliating, you can just lick it off!
WHAT DOES LIP SCRUB DO?
Lip scrub will leave your lips polished and smooth. The sugar and cocoa powder’s grainy texture works as a natural exfoliant to remove dead skin cells. The olive oil and honey work as moisturizing emollients to leave your lips soft and hydrated.
OTHER RECIPES TO SHARE WITH CHOCOLATE LOVERS
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Caramels
- Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Pound Cake
- Rocky Road Clusters
- Mix ingredients together in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
To use lip scrub:
- Apply a small amount of lip scrub to lips, rubbing in small gentle circles. Allow it to sit for about a minute.
- Wipe off with a soft wet cloth OR lick it off. Reapply up to twice a week.