Just in time for the holiday baking season turn a classic candy into a cookie with these Double Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies!
Can you believe that the year is almost over? It’s insane and feels like it has gone by so fast! I hope the holidays slow down and don’t rush by because I enjoy this time of year so much! My kids and I have an annual holiday baking day, where we spend all day making a bunch of treats to send off to friends and my husbands co-workers. One of the things we like to bake are cookies.
Well today I am super excited to be sharing these cookies with you! It is so fun to come up with different combinations. When I saw these new cherry flavored filled morsels I immediately knew I needed to try them out. Would they really taste like cherry, was my first question? It was unbelievable how they actually did! And because cherries taste so good with chocolate I knew I had to a bunch of extra chocolate for good measure! ENJOY!
Don’t miss these other great cookie recipes!
- 2 ounces Candiquik
- 1 teaspoon cherry vanilla frosting flavoring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare two cookie sheet pans with silpat or parchment paper.
- In mixer add butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix till creamy.
- Add egg and mix till creamy. Add vanilla extract and continue to mix.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to mixing bowl and continue to mix.
- Stir in cherry filled morsels.
- Using two tablespoons scoop out mixture and drop onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- In a microwavable bowl melt Candiquik for 30 seconds or until completely melted. Stir in cherry vanilla flavoring and drizzle over cookies. ENJOY!
Want more cookies? Here you go!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!