Just in time for the holiday baking season turn a classic candy into a cookie with these Double Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies!
Can you believe that the year is almost over? It’s insane and feels like it has gone by so fast! I hope the holidays slow down and don’t rush by because I enjoy this time of year so much! My kids and I have an annual holiday baking day, where we spend all day making a bunch of treats to send off to friends and my husbands co-workers. One of the things we like to bake are cookies.
Well today I am super excited to be sharing these cookies with you! It is so fun to come up with different combinations. When I saw these new cherry flavored filled morsels I immediately knew I needed to try them out. Would they really taste like cherry, was my first question? It was unbelievable how they actually did! And because cherries taste so good with chocolate I knew I had to a bunch of extra chocolate for good measure! ENJOY!
Don’t miss these other great cookie recipes!
- 2 ounces Candiquik
- 1 teaspoon cherry vanilla frosting flavoring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare two cookie sheet pans with silpat or parchment paper.
- In mixer add butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix till creamy.
- Add egg and mix till creamy. Add vanilla extract and continue to mix.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to mixing bowl and continue to mix.
- Stir in cherry filled morsels.
- Using two tablespoons scoop out mixture and drop onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- In a microwavable bowl melt Candiquik for 30 seconds or until completely melted. Stir in cherry vanilla flavoring and drizzle over cookies. ENJOY!
Want more cookies? Here you go!