Pepperoni Pizza Bites are a crowd pleasing easy appetizer! The pie crust gives them a flaky outside while the inside is filled with amazing melted cheese!
Do you remember Totino’s Pizza Rolls? If you grew up in the 80’s and 90’s you probably had them a lot! I did and they were fantastic! They were tied with Bagel Bites, I think, for the dinner we would have when Mom and Dad would go out and we had a babysitter. I was thinking about them the other day and decided to make my version. Pepperoni Pizza Bites are so much better, in my opinion. They become something that you can serve company or a really yummy after school snack. My kids would love to help make these with me. It’s a really kid friendly recipe. I was brainstorming things to make for the Super Bowl on Sunday and decided on something pizza to nibble on. I’ve already made them twice this week and they are gone in minutes every time I do. You can’t beat a buttery flaky crust filled with sauce and melty cheese and pepperoni!!!
This is a super semi-homemade recipe. If you have a favorite pie crust that you love, totally use that. I like to have my Best EVER Pizza Sauce on hand for family pizza night, so I used that. It tastes better than anything that you get at the store but if you don’t have the time use what you’ve got. I think I’m going to be making batch number three this week to serve up for the Super Bowl on Sunday. I may just make a double batch. You could always make the pockets up the day before but stop after you seal the edges with the fork. Place them in an airtight container and then when you’re ready to bake them off, brush them with egg wash and sprinkle with the garlic salt and Parmesan cheese. Pepperoni Pizza Bites are a seriously easy appetizer recipe that you’ve got to add to your game day menu!
Real Housemoms TV
- 1 pkg. pre-made refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan shredded
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper
- carefully unroll the pie crust dough and, using a rolling pin, flatten out any rough spots
- use a 3 inch cookie cutter to cut out 8 circles of dough
- remaining dough can be rolled out again to create more pizza bites
- place these on the baking sheet
- in a small bowl whisk together the egg and water
- brush egg wash around the edges of each circle
- spread 1/2 tsp of pizza sauce on one half of the circle, making sure to not go over the egg wash
- place 1 tsp of mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce and then 3-4 mini pepperoni over the cheese
- fold over the bare side of the pie dough, making a half circle and tap the edges down with your fingers
- using a fork crimp the edges together ensuring that they are sealed
- brush with egg wash and sprinkle with garlic salt
- place Parmesan cheese on top of each pie dough
- bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!