Our PEPPERONI PIZZA CHEESE BALL is delicious appetizer for any party that takes hardly any prep & has big flavors!
When I think of appetizers for Christmas, New Year’s, and for the super bowl, I always think of cheese ball. Cheese balls are so easy to make, they do require a little extra time – but not too much, and they are versatile. You can add anything to them, as long as there plenty of cheese.
For this pepperoni pizza cheese ball, I used three different kinds of cheese: cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and smoked gouda. You never see smoked gouda in a cheese ball, especially one loaded with pepperoni. It tastes amazing, and I am so glad I added it!
Remember to use the mini pepperoni instead of the larger ones, they look cuter and fit better when you are covering the cheese ball. Another recipe that is perfect for mini pepperoni is pepperoni pizza quick bread..so good!!
Covering the cheese ball isn’t hard and only requires about five minutes of your time. Watch a show on Netflix and grab a glass of wine. I may tell you; it might take a little longer than five minutes if you are watching a favorite show. Oh well!
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1/2 green bell pepper finely diced
- 4 green onions finely diced
- 10 ounces of mini pepperoni, divided
- Beat together the cream cheese, parsley, oregano, and basil on medium in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Beat in the mozzarella and smoked gouda cheese.
- Fold in the green bell pepper, green onions, and 5 ounces of the mini pepperonis.
- Place the cheese mixture into a large piece of plastic wrap, wrap into a ball, place into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Unwrap the cheese ball and cover with the remaining mini pepperoni.
- Serve with crackers.