Crock Pot Weight Watchers Chili is a zesty, protein-packed dinner idea that’s healthy AND full of flavor!
This time of year calls for hearty and flavorful food. Not too heavy, but nourishing and delicious recipes. This Weight Watchers Crockpot Chili is just that! Packed with flavor, fiber and oh, so much deliciousness. The best part? This recipe is a crockpot meal that you can toss in the slow cooker and come home to a warm, protein-packed dinner.
CROCK POT WEIGHT WATCHERS CHILI
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SLOW COOKER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
The holidays are behind us and it’s time to start thinking about easy recipes that are a bit healthier than all the snacking I *might* have done during the Ugly Sweater and White Elephant parties! You know, meals the whole family will love. We often eat these healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps or this Mexican Chicken, Rice and Veggie Casserole, but my family really enjoys chili on cold nights because it can totally be customized to their liking.
They can add some rice or quinoa to their chili for an even heartier meal. Or, they could top it with some avocado or cheese. To keep it at 4 SmartPoints per serving, you’d skip the cheese, but amazing none the less!
For reference, here are the Weight Watchers points per serving: 4 SmartPoint; 3 PointsPlus; 2 POINTS (old)
In less than 15 minutes, you can brown your meat, saute your onions and peppers and place the rest of the ingredients in your crockpot. Then, set it and forget it. 4-5 hours later, dinner and perhaps lunch for the next day are DONE!
Tips for the best Weight Watchers Chili
- You can use turkey or ground beef in this recipe, both are delicious.
- If you like your chili to have some kick, add diced jalapeno peppers to the recipe.
- This chili recipe freezes well.
Want more crock pot dinners?
- Slow Cooker Mushroom Round Steaks and Gravy
- Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Rice Stuffed Peppers
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Dinner
- Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken, Bacon, & Tater Tot Bake
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Crock Pot Weight Watchers Chili recipe
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Crock Pot: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp basil
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 4.5 oz can diced green chiles or 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook ground beef or turkey in a nonstick skillet. Cook until well browned. Add garlic the last few minutes of cooking. Drain off any fat, then return to the pan. Add peppers and onions and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cumin.
- Place tomatoes, kidney beans, zucchini, chilies or jalapeno, tomato paste, basil and meat mixture in crockpot and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high until flavors are blended, about 4-5 hours. Season to taste with black pepper and salt.
2 POINTS (old)