This zesty Crock Pot Weight Watchers Chili is a protein-packed dinner that’s healthy, full of flavor, and only takes 15 minutes to prep!
Super flavorful, full of protein, and all-around delicious Crock Pot Weight Watchers Chili is a healthy comfort food recipe that you’ll be hooked on! All it takes is 15 minutes of prep, and before you know it, it’ll be time to serve up this slow-cooked masterpiece at the dinner table!
HEARTY AND HEALTHY
Now that the weather is starting to cool down, I’ve been craving all my favorite slow-cooker meals! This Weight Watchers Chili is one of my favorites because it’s packed with tons of protein and veggies, and it tastes amazing! It’s the perfect guilt-free comfort food.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH WEIGHT WATCHERS CHILI
- Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Drop Biscuits – Honestly, what’s chili without a side of cornbread?
- Homemade Cornbread Mix – Make your cornbread from scratch, start to finish!
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hot Dogs – Hear me out, this isn’t exactly a Weight Watchers friendly combination- but boy, would a scoop of this chili really dress up this dog!
Protein: This recipe uses 1 pound of extra lean ground beef. You can also use ground turkey if you prefer.
Veggies: Add fresh garlic, red bell peppers, sweet onion, and zucchini. You’ll also need a can of diced tomatoes, a can of diced green chiles, and a can of kidney beans.
Seasoning: Season this hearty chili with chili powder, cumin, basil, salt and pepper. You’ll also add tomato paste for flavor.
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT WEIGHT WATCHERS CHILI
STEP ONE: Start by cooking your protein of choice in a non-stick skillet until it is well-browned. Add 2 minced garlic cloves into the skillet in the last few minutes of cooking. Once the meat is cooked, drain off any fat and return the skillet to the stove. Add the diced red peppers and onions and cook them for 3-5 minutes or until they are softened. Lastly, stir in 2 tablespoons of chili powder and two teaspoons of cumin.
STEP TWO: Next, place the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, grated zucchini, diced chiles, 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, 1 teaspoon of basil and the cooked meat and veggies into the crockpot. Stir to combine the ingredients.
STEP THREE: Cover the crock pot and cook the Weight Watchers Chili on HIGH for about 4-5 hours.
STEP FOUR: Check the seasoning of the chili and add salt and pepper to taste. Portion into bowls, and garnish with green onions and sliced jalapenos before enjoying warm.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- You can use ground beef or ground turkey in the recipe. You can also use a jalapeno pepper instead of the canned chiles for a little more spice.
- For Weight Watchers, this recipe counts as 4 SmartPoint, 3 PointsPlus, 2 POINTS (old)
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY CROCK POT WEIGHT WATCHERS CHILI
Don’t be afraid to make this recipe your own! You can play with the level of spiciness by adding jalapenos or swap out and add different vegetables like frozen corn, carrots, or celery. Personally, I love beans in my chili so sometimes I sneak in an extra can. You can also add rice or quinoa to make this meal even heartier. You can also top your chili with chopped green onions, avocado, cheese, or sour cream! Keep in mind these little tweaks will change the Weight Watchers values if that’s something you’re tracking, but it will still be delicious!
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT CHILI
Store any leftover Weight Watchers Chili in a shallow, airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. You can reheat single portions of chili in the microwave or on the stovetop. If you’re reheating a larger portion, I recommend using the stovetop, so the chili reheats evenly.
OTHER HEARTY COMFORT FOOD RECIPES
- Slow Cooker Ham & Potato Cheese Soup
- Skillet Chicken Noodle Casserole
- American Goulash with Manwich
- Easy Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Dutch Oven Pot Roast
- Salisbury Steak
*This post was originally posted on 01/19/2018.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 medium sweet onion peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces canned red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 4.5 ounces canned diced green chiles (see note)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Jalapeno sliced, for garnish
- Green onions thinly sliced, for garnish
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until well browned. Add the garlic during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Add the bell peppers and onions to the skillet. Cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the chili powder and cumin.
- Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, zucchini, green chilies, tomato paste, basil, and the ground beef mixture to a crock pot. Stir everything together until combined.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Portion the chili into bowls and top with sliced jalapenos and green onion for garnish if desired. Serve warm.