This creamy Skillet Chicken Noodle Casserole recipe can be ready in just 30 minutes and is the perfect comfort food dinner for busy nights!
Why Skillet Chicken Noodle Casserole is the Best!
- Feeling pressed for time? You can have dinner on the table in just 30 minutes!
- It’s SO easy to make! I almost always have the ingredients on hand to make this meal. No guessing what’s for dinner, just grab what you ened, get cooking, and forget all about take out.
- This is one of the only ways I can get my kids to eat their peas. It might sound a little cliché, but it’s true! My whole family loves this creamy chicken noodle skillet and that makes me love it even more!
Tried-and-True Stovetop Dinners
- One Pot Mexican Chicken – This meal is loaded with flavor and protein! Ready in about 30 minutes, it’s great for busy weekenights.
- One Pot Chicken and Broccoli Rice – Any recipe with fewer dishes at the end earns a place in my recipe book. This 20-minute meal is an all-in-one dinner win you’ll love.
Chicken- You will need 4 medium-sized chicken breasts. Make sure to pound your chicken into even thickness before cutting it. This will tenderize the chicken and make sure all the pieces cook through in the same amount of time.
Egg Noodles- I really like egg noodles for this recipe. They remind me of tuna noodle casserole and all the other dishes I loved as a kid.
Alfredo Sauce- One jar of any brand of Alfredo sauce will be more than enough. If you prefer homemade Alfredo sauce you can make it ahead of time and refrigerate it to keep on hand for when you’re ready to cook with it.
Peas- The peas can be frozen or thawed when you add them in. I like the color it adds and they get more veggies into our meal.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHICKEN AND NOODLES SKILLET
STEP ONE: First, cook the egg noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain the noodles and set them aside for now. While the noodles are cooking, whisk together flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and transfer it to a large Ziploc bag.
STEP TWO: Cut the pounded chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces and add them to the Ziploc bag of dry ingredients. Now seal the bag and shake it to coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture.
STEP THREE: Next, drizzle oil in a large skillet and cook the chicken over medium heat until it is lightly browned and cooked through.
STEP FOUR: Finally, add the cooked egg noodles, peas, Alfredo sauce, and shredded parmesan cheese to the skillet. Stir to combine ingredients.
STEP FIVE: Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes. Give everything one more stir and the top with cracked black pepper before serving warm.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE CHICKEN NOODLE SKILLET
This skillet chicken noodle casserole is ready in just 30 minutes! It doesn’t get much better than that! Unless you count the fact that these chicken noodles make amazing leftovers. I usually divide up what’s left into individual-sized storage containers so the family has a grab-and-go lunch option the next day!
WHAT GOES GOOD WITH CHICKEN NOODLES?
This chicken noodle skillet recipe already has all the good stuff mixed in! Pasta, chicken, and creamy Alfredo sauce make a perfectly satisfying meal all on its own. But if you feel like you need a perfect side dish to serve with this pasta then I’ve got you covered!
My favorite sides to serve with this dinner are Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks or Ricotta Parmesan Garlic Bread because let’s face it, pasta and breadsticks are a match made in heaven. If you are looking for something a little greener then this Easy Wedge Salad is a perfect option too!
TRY THESE OTHER YUMMY CHICKEN DINNERS
*This post originally posted on 08/22/2016.
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup alfredo sauce store-bought or homemade
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup peas frozen or thawed
- Freshly cracked black pepper for topping (optional)
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions in a large pot of boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Transfer the seasoned flour to a large food storage bag. Add the chicken pieces to the bag, seal it, and shake to coat the chicken in the flour.
- Drizzle the oil on a large skillet. Cook the chicken over medium heat until lightly browned and cooked through, flipping as needed.
- Add the cooked noodles, peas, alfredo sauce, and parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, give everything one more stir, and then top with cracked black pepper if desired. Serve warm.
Etta Ortegon says
I made this for my family on March 31,2019, they loved it. My husband is not a big vegetable eater and he loved the loved the peas that are in it. Thank you so much.
Aubrey Cota says
Oh yay!! I’m so glad to hear it was a hit!