Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks with fresh herbs, garlic, and lots of ooey gooey cheese on a cauliflower crust looks and tastes like cheesy bread! It’s one of my favorite low carb recipes!
When you can’t eat bread, either because of allergies, diabetes, or you are choosing to be on a low carb diet, this recipe for Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks will put a big smile on your face and help you stick to that new year’s resolution! This is one of my favorite low carb recipes that make me feel like I’m indulging. There aren’t a lot of carbs in cauliflower and you can do so much with it! Next in line for the title of best of the best in the low carb recipe category is this cauliflower casserole!
LOW CARB CAULIFLOWER BREADSTICKS!
Love it? Pin it to your APPETIZER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I have always been pretty addicted to carbs, but I feel so much better when I limit them in my diet. My body responds better to eating a high protein, low carb diet. I have more energy, my head is clearer, I sleep better, I’m so much more productive, the list could go on. I just feel all-around great when I limit my carb intake and stick to more low carb foods.
Because I feel so much better, I don’t want to slip back into the old habits that make me feel not-so-good, but I sure do miss bread. When I saw a recipe for Cauliflower Squares on Allrecipes, I thought they looked like an interesting addition to my low carb diet. There are a whole host of recipes for Cauliflower Breadsticks on the web, but this one looked easy enough. I made some adjustments to the recipe because I can’t help myself, but I think it turned out almost as good as cheesy bread. All you need is a trusty food processor and a silicone baking mat or parchment paper along with fresh ingredients and you’re in business!
These low carb breadsticks taste fresh, garlicky, and cheesy just like an amazing garlic bread smothered in a layer of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. There’s a hint of cauliflower flavor, but it certainly doesn’t overwhelm. The texture is a bit softer than bread, but that didn’t bother me one bit, because all I could think about was the melty goodness of the garlic and cheese bursting with fresh basil just like my favorite cheesy bread, but it’s low carb!! I am so happy I can enjoy cheesy bread while eating a low carb diet, I don’t even care that it is ‘faux cheesy bread’.
My next adventure in cauliflower bread will be low carb cauliflower pizza crust! The topping choices are endless, so I’m having a hard time deciding where to start, but I’m excited to enjoy pizza while living a low carb lifestyle. What do you think? Where should I start? What are your favorite low carb recipes?
Check out some of our other low carb recipes!
- 1 head cauliflower raw
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese shaved
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Rice the cauliflower by coring it and breaking it into florets. Then place it in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it is the texture of rice. (If your cauliflower seems excessively moist, squeeze the riced, raw cauliflower in a paper towel to help remove moisture.)
- In a large bowl, mix the riced cauliflower, 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper until combined and holds together. Place the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and spread out into a rectangle about 9x7" and 1/4" thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and top with 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese and return to oven to continue baking until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. Cool about 10 minutes and cut into 'breadsticks'. Garnish with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese. Serve with your favorite Red Sauce and enjoy!
Here are a couple more of my favorite low carb recipes I think you will enjoy too…