Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks with fresh herbs, garlic, and lots of ooey gooey cheese atop a cauliflower crust looks and tastes like cheesy bread!
LOW CARB CAULIFLOWER BREADSTICKS!
Love it? Pin it to your APPETIZER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
When you can’t eat bread, either because of allergies, diabetes, or you are choosing to be on a low carb diet, this recipe for Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks will put a big smile on your face and help you stick to that new year’s resolution! This is one of my favorite healthy snacks recipes that make me feel like I’m indulging.
I have always been pretty addicted to carbs, but I feel so much better when I limit them in my diet. My body responds better to eating a high protein, low carb diet. I have more energy, my head is clearer, I sleep better, I’m so much more productive, the list could go on. I just feel all around great when I limit my carb intake.
Because I feel so much better, I don’t want to slip back into my old habits that make me feel not-so-good, but I sure do miss bread. When I saw a recipe for Cauliflower Squares on Allrecipes, I thought they looked like an interesting addition to my low carb diet. There are a whole host of recipes for Cauliflower Breadsticks on the web, but this one looked easy enough. I made some adjustments to the recipe because I can’t help myself, but I think it turned out almost as good as cheesy bread. All you need is a trusty food processor and a silicone baking mat along with fresh ingredients and you’re in business!
These low carb breadsticks taste fresh, garlicky, and cheesy just like an amazing garlic bread smothered in a layer of Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. There is a hint of cauliflower flavor, but it certainly doesn’t overwhelm. The texture is a bit softer than bread, but that didn’t bother me one bit, because all I could think about was the ooey gooey goodness of the garlicky cheese bursting with fresh basil just like my favorite cheesy bread, but it’s low carb!! I am so happy I can enjoy cheesy bread while eating a low carb diet, I don’t even care that it is ‘faux cheesy bread’.
My next adventure in cauliflower bread will be low carb pizza crust! The topping choices are endless, so I’m having a hard time deciding where to start, but I’m excited to enjoy pizza while living a low carb lifestyle. What do you think? Where should I start? What is your favorite pizza topping?
Check out some of our other low carb recipes!
- 1 head raw cauliflower, riced
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- To rice the cauliflower I cored it and broke it into florets. Then I placed it in the bowl of my food processor and pulsed until it was the texture of rice.
- In a large bowl, mix the riced cauliflower, 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper until combined and holds together. Place the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and spread out into a rectangle about 9x7" and 1/4" thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and top with 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese and return to oven to continue baking until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. Cool about 10 minutes and cut into 'breadsticks'. Garnish with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese. Serve with your favorite Red Sauce and enjoy!
nutritional information via yummly
Here are a couple more of my favorite low carb recipes I think you will enjoy too…
Don't miss a bite!
Want to receive our recipes and custom meal plans right to your inbox? Make sure to subscribe & get a copy of Dinner Made Easy - 10 simple dinner ideas that only need one pot or pan!