Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes are low carb, super tasty, and perfect for lunch or a side dish!
I love cauliflower and discovering new ways to use it for low carb recipes. I started making these Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes a couple of years ago as a low carb alternative to these yummy corn fritters. The first time I made them my family and I couldn’t get enough of them. They are full of flavor and super tasty! We enjoyed them so much, I started making them for lunches, as a side with our favorite meals, and even for breakfast a time or two.
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER PANCAKES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SIDE DISH pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
I do love potatoes, but when I find a way to make something low carb, I will jump on the idea. I saw this recipe on Food.com and modified the ingredients to my liking. I made Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes last week after a tough boot camp workout and felt great eating something low carb after just burning hundreds of calories. If you do not use all of the mix, it refrigerates well until the next day. I love Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes and since I have all of the ingredients, I am going to make them for lunch today!
Want more cauliflower recipes?
- Cauliflower Rice
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Mini Cauliflower Pizza
- More side dish recipes…
Tools used to make this Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes recipe
Large Pot: This pot is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
- 1 head cauliflower or a 16 oz bag of frozen cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 to 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Light sour cream for garnish
- Thinly sliced green onions for garnish
- Cut cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and mash the cauliflower while it is still warm.
- Stir in the cheese, eggs, green onions, bread crumbs, cayenne & salt. Adjust seasoning to taste. (Start with the lower amount of cheese, breadcrumbs, cayenne, and salt. Add more as needed for taste and binding the pancake mixture together.)
- Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Form the cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across.
- Cook until golden brown & set, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve pancakes on a plate and top with sour cream and more green onion, if desired.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!