Corn Fritters are the perfect way to enjoy corn! You won’t be able to resist the crispy little cakes loaded with sweet golden corn and lots of cheese!
One of my favorite summer vegetables is corn. That fresh corn on the cob just can’t be beaten, except maybe by one of my favorite zucchini recipes. If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy it then you must try these Corn Fritters! They’re so easy to make and are bursting with that sweet golden corn.
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Corn is a great addition to recipes like Black Bean & Corn Salsa and in Baked Salmon with Corn & Red Pepper Relish but corn is the ultimate star in this Corn Fritter recipe and they are amazing!
What are Corn Fritters?
Corn Fritters are lightly fried little corn cakes held together by a simple batter. Frying them creates a golden brown crispy shell. Inside is sweet golden corn and cheese.
Can I use canned or frozen corn?
YES!!! Canned is actually the easiest to use. To use fresh corn on the cob you’ll need to cook it first by steaming or grilling it and then cut it off. For canned, just drain off the liquid and then dry it thoroughly with paper towels. For frozen, completely thaw, drain, and dry it.
How to make Corn Fritters
First, you’ll toss together the corn, green onions, cilantro, and lime juice. Then you’ll mix together all the dry ingredients, including the spices, and then mix it with the corn mixture. The flour and spices will coat the corn. The last step for making the batter is to mix in the eggs, milk, and cheese.
Prepare to cook the fritters by heating just enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet. Using a large trigger ice cream scoop (1/4 cup), spoon out the batter and drop into the pan. Let it cook for about 30 seconds and then press it flat with a spatula. Allow the fritter to cook for 2-3 minutes or until it starts to look golden under the edge and then flip it and cook another 2-3 minutes. When the fritter is done, allow it to drain on a paper towel lined plate.
This corn cake recipe is delicious to eat plain or topped with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!
Looking for other great corn recipes?
- Southern Fried Corn
- Italian Style Creamy Corn Casserole
- Mexican Street Corn
- Roasted Corn and Jalapeno Dip
- Crock Pot Creamed Corn
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Corn Fritter recipe
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Wooden Spoon: Wooden spoons are a kitchen essential. I keep a bunch of them on hand for every meal from breakfast to dinner.
Whisk: This is my favorite set of whisks. There’s a size for every job and the thicker handles give me a good grip.
Large Pan: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
- 29 ounces sweet yellow corn (1 can) drained
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups colby jack cheese
- Drain corn and dry it with paper towels and then place in a bowl along with the green onions, cilantro, and lime juice. Toss to combine.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and spices. Add dry mix to the corn mixture and toss until it is all coated.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and then add to the bowl of corn along with the cheese. Mix until combined evenly.
- Drizzle oil in the bottom of a large pan and heat over medium-high heat. Using a large cookie scoop or 1/4 measuring cup, spoon mixture into the pan (you can probably fit 3 in a pan if large enough). Let it cook for about 30 seconds and then lightly press down flat. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden and then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter and add additional oil as needed.
- Remove fritter from pan to a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve garnished with sour cream.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!