Casseroles don’t have to be soggy and boring. This Taco Casserole Bake is easy to put together, can be made ahead of time, and is completely customize-able!
My kids love taco Tuesdays, so much that I don’t ever dare miss a single one. I love casserole night because it is a great way to use up what we have in the fridge. It’s a way for me to make dinner ahead of time with easy casserole recipes. I can put it all together in the morning, and then just pop it in the oven and top with sour cream or guacamole after our crazy after-school practice schedule. No more worrying at the last minute what’s for dinner.
Real Housemoms TV
This taco casserole bake is a delicious way to combine the two together. I get an easy to make casserole, and the kids don’t have to miss taco Tuesday. Win. Win.
This casserole is also completely customize-able. Don’t have ground turkey, use ground beef or even chicken. No taco seasoning. No problem, add a cup of salsa with the meat. Black beans, pinto beans, even refried beans are all delicious. I made our taco casserole with corn tortillas because that is what we prefer, but flour tortillas or even tortilla chips are delicious. Add what you like and what you have on hand. That’s what makes this casserole so easy.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 ounce packet taco seasoning plus water to make according to the directions
- 8 corn tortillas cut in half
- 15 ounce can of pinto beans
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups of corn frozen or fresh
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- toppings - sour cream jalapeno, cilantro, more salsa, and cheese
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- in a large skillet, brown the ground turkey with the onion
- add taco seasoning and cook according to the package directions
- line a casserole dish with half of the tortillas
- top with half of the ground turkey, half of the beans, 1 cup of corn, 1 cup of salsa and 1 cup of shredded cheese
- add remaining tortillas, meat, beans, corn, salsa, and cheese
- bake casserole at 350 degrees for 25 minutes
- allow to rest 5 minutes before serving, and top with your favorite taco fixings
Top with your favorite taco fixings and serve with a salad for a casserole dinner that is anything but ordinary. If you love tacos as much as we do you may also enjoy these simple street tacos or these easy sheet pan fajitas.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!