Packed with taco meat and melty cheese this Taco Crescent Roll Ring is a fun dish that’s perfect for a party or to have as a family dinner!
This post is sponsored by Ibotta. All opinions are 100% my own.
We are huge fans of appetizers in our house. I love finger foods and I’m not afraid to shout it! I’m also known for turning my favorite appetizers into a family meal, and that’s exactly what I did with this Taco Crescent Roll Ring! I whip up a batch of Mexican rice and bake up a taco ring for a homemade Tex-Mex dinner that everyone is drooling over. This totally customizable recipe is one that gets requested in my house very often!
TACO CRESCENT ROLL RING
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER OR DINNER board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Taco Tuesday is basically a sacred holiday in our house. My husband and sons are obsessed with all sorts of Mexican food. If I were to ever even hint at serving something different on a Tuesday, I swear they would all just hop in the car and head to the nearest Chipotle. Leaving me at home with whatever I chose to cook instead.
This week we’re making one of my oldest son’s FAVORITE takes on tacos, a taco ring bake!
If you’ve been following along here at Real Housemoms for a while you’ll know that I am a huge believer in saving money on everyday essentials as much as I can. (I mean come on. I have 2 teenage boys, who would eat me out of house and home if I let them.) So, whenever I make this taco ring recipe with crescent rolls, I grab my phone and open up my trusty Ibotta app to see how I can save some money.
Ibotta is my favorite app on my phone because it is so easy to use. I get cash back on so many of my daily purchases, and I can use it in so many different ways! If I’m running into the grocery store, I bring the app with me to get cash back on groceries. Or, if I’m doing an online order for pick-up or delivery, I can get on that cash back too!
So, if your family is as taco-crazed as mine is, grab your Ibotta app, go shopping, get your cash back and bake up a delicious taco crescent ring for this week’s Taco Tuesday!
Taco Ring Ingredients
This is truly the best recipe for a taco ring and just by using my Ibotta app to get all of my ingredients, I saved SO much money! I’ll be making this recipe WAY more often now.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own delicious taco crescent ring:
Ground Beef – in our house, beef tacos are king. We use lean ground beef to keep the grease level down and use a packet of our favorite taco seasoning to get all that delicious flavor infused into the meat. If you’d rather make a chicken taco ring, simply replace the ground beef with seasoned chicken!
Refrigerated Crescent rolls – these flaky crescent rolls are so yummy and they are the perfect little wrap for a delicious bite of taco! You’ll need two cans of your favorite refrigerated crescent rolls to make this taco ring bake.
Extras – the best part about tacos is that you can make them personalized to each person who is eating them. I love topping my section of the taco ring with everything including cheese, onion, fresh pico de gallo, lettuce… I mean everything. My kids? They prefer just copious amounts of cheese haha. Do what your family likes best!
How to layout crescent rolls for taco ring
Before you start laying out your taco ring, my number one suggestion is to make sure that your crescent roll dough is COLD. Don’t let it sit out on the counter for a while before you prep. Cold dough is much easier to work with and it won’t stick together as much!
Now that we got that out of the way, it’s assembly time! You’ll want to pop open both cans of your dough and separate them out into triangles. Arrange the triangles on a parchment-lined baking sheet into a sun shape. You want the points facing out and the short side of the triangles facing in. They’ll overlap, that’s ok! The center of your sun should be about 5″ across.
How to make a taco ring
Ok, so you’ve got yourself a bunch of cash back by using Ibotta by getting all of your ingredients. Now it’s time to make your taco ring… let’s “taco” ’bout how to make it. (Hahaha. Yes, I’m that goofy.)
- As with ANY recipe, you’re going to start by preheating your oven. Set it to 350 and then get working on assembling your taco ring.
- While your oven is preheating, grab a large skillet and brown your ground beef until there’s no pink left.
- Now, add the taco seasoning and water to the cooked beef. Cook another 3 minutes to really get those flavors infused!
- Remove the meat from the pan and place it into a large bowl and allow to cool a little.
- Once your meat has cooled a bit, add in the cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
- Now it’s time to get that taco ring set up! On a large baking sheet, arrange your crescent triangles into a sun shape circle with the points facing outward and overlapping a little.
- Place a scoop of meat & cheese mixture on the wider part of the rolls.
- Top with a little more cheese (we all need more cheese in our lives…).
- Next, fold the points over the meat and tuck the points into the middle of the circle.
- Once all of the crescent rolls have been tucked under, place the taco ring in the oven for 15 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the rolls are lightly browned!
- Serve hot with your favorite taco toppings in the center of the ring. I suggest the WORKS – guacamole, pico de gallo, lettuce, more cheese, jalapenos…you name it!
I hope your Taco Tuesday is just as delicious as you’ve been imagining while reading this. Don’t forget to use Ibotta to get your ingredients whether you’re shopping online for grocery delivery or in-store!
*All offers were valid as of publish date. Don’t forget to check your app for details as offers change frequently and may not be available in all areas!
Looking for some more mouthwatering appetizers to test out? Try some of these other Real Housemoms recipes!
- Crack Chicken Sliders
- Strawberry Pineapple Salsa
- Cheesy BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
- Bacon and Rotel Cups
- Jalapeno Crab Dip
- more APPETIZER recipes…
Crescent Roll Ring
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 ounce taco seasoning (1 packet)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 16 ounces refrigerated crescent roll dough (2 cans) not whole dough sheets
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned and no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning and water to beef. Mix together and cook for another 3 minutes, or until the water evaporates.
- Transfer taco meat to a mixing bowl and let cool a bit. Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the meat and stir to combine.
- Grab a large baking sheet and arrange crescent triangles into a sun shaped circle with the points facing outward and overlapping a little.
- Place the cheesy taco meat around the center circle of the dough. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Fold the dough points over the meat and then lay the points in the middle of the ring. Then tuck all the dough points under the center dough ring to secure the filling in place.
- Bake for 15 minutes until crescent rolls are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Transfer ring to a serving platter. Fill center with taco toppings and then cut into slices. Serve warm.