This week are focusing on Easter and when you think Easter you may not think Guacamole but for me it means seeing lots of family and when my family gets together we always have a TON of yummy food around. I think that’s why Stacey and I got to be such good friends so fast, It was just like hanging out with family! We just had my mother-in-law and her sister over and I made a really yummy late lunch with chicken empanadas and Stacey’s Fish Tacos with Cucumber Salsa, if you haven’t tried them yet you have too! They are sooo fresh and light and perfect for spring or summer. I had to make something that we could munch on before that was just a fresh so I made my guacamole. This is so fresh and easy I never buy the bags from the store. Fresh Guacamole is one of my all time favorite foods. It’s such a fast food to make and mine is always gone fast. I usually have to hide some away when I want to have it with tacos later. 🙂 The fresh tomatoes, onion and cilantro really make it! Try it out this week as you get together with your friends and family and you’ll keep making it all summer long.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 c tomato chopped
- 1/4 c purple onion chopped
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 heaping T chopped cilantro
- 1 t garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl mash up your avacado (I like mine a little chunky still)
- add in chopped tomato, onion, cilantro and remaining ingredients and mix together
- serve with you favorite chips or on a sandwich, taco or your other favorite Mexican food.