Easter is around the corner and we love spending the day with family, as well as eating yummy food. Ham is a popular and traditional entree for our Easter brunch or dinner and since my parents are visiting us in Arizona this week, we had an early holiday dinner yesterday. They will be going home before Easter and we wanted to have a special meal with them. My brother and his family will be joining us for Easter this year, so we are looking forward to a week full of family filled activities!
I decided on a Riesling-Peach Glazed Ham for dinner with my parents that I found in a Pillsbury Easter treats recipe book at the grocery store check out line. It immediately smelled amazing once it started cooking and it tasted delicious! Everyone loved it and we could not stop eating, slice after slice. It was really easy to make, the flavors were excellent, and it was perfect for a big family dinner! It will work perfectly for our brunch on Easter Sunday!
- 1 fully cooked smoked bone-in half ham 6-8 lb
- 1 cup Riesling wine
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 18 oz jar peach preserves
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup stone-ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil
- Place ham on the rack in roasting pan
- Put ovenproof meat thermometer in ham so tip is in center of thickest part of meat and does not touch bone
- in a 1 quart saucepan, heat wine, thyme sprigs, and shallot to boiling over medium-high heat
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until the wine is reduced to 1/2 cup
- Remove from heat and discard thyme sprigs
- Stir in peach preserves, brown sugar, and mustard
- Brush half of glaze mixture over ham
- Bake uncovered 1 hour 30 minutes, basting with remaining glaze mixture every 30 minutes
- Cover loosely with foil
- Bake 30 minutes longer or until thermometer reads at least 140 degrees
- Let stand 15 minutes before slicing and serving
Real Housemoms TV
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!