PEACH RIESLING GLAZED MEATBALLS are an easy party appetizer recipe! You could even serve these over rice for a tasty dinner on busy weeknights!
I was looking over some older recipes on the site and came across Peach Riesling Glazed Ham. It’s so good but how often do we eat ham? Maybe three times a year? I decided that I wanted to make an appetizer for snacking on, while watching the playoffs, that was simple so I went to my favorite, meatballs! I love appetizer meatball recipes! We’ve got Cranberry Meatballs, Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs and Pinot Noir Meatballs but I tell you what! You can never have too many meatballs!!! Peach Riesling Glazed Meatballs were a HUGE success!!! I made them first a few weeks ago and we had them for dinner. I don’t really think that was the plan but after the pictures were snapped I had one and then my husband and then we kept going back for more and more and more!!! We couldn’t stop and soon they were gone! YIKES!
This is such an easy recipe that I know I’ll be making them a lot! I love a make ahead recipe when having a party and these are just that! You could make the meatballs and then freeze them until you’re ready to use them. Once you are, you would simply pull out the meatballs and add them into the glaze mixture, even frozen! Just heat them up slowly and make sure that they are warmed all the way through before you serve them. I’m not waiting for another party to make these again! I’ll be serving over a bed of rice or with bell peppers and onions for an easy weeknight dinner. I can’t wait for you to give this a try!!!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 18 oz. peach preserves
- 1 cup Riesling wine
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 springs fresh thyme
- preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- spray a baking sheet with cooking spray
- in a small bowl soak the bread crumbs in the milk and set aside
- in a large mixing bowl combine the egg, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese
- top with the ground beef, grated onion, and minced garlic
- add the milk soaked bread crumbs to the bowl and give it all a mix using clean hands
- only mix until well combined and ingredients evenly distributed, do not over mix or your meatballs will be tough
- using a cookie scoop or tablespoon measure make balls about 2 inches wide and place on the baking sheet
- roast in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes
- in a large sauce pan over medium heat combine the peach preserves and Riesling wine
- whisk in the mustard powder, salt and pepper
- add in the thyme springs and simmer for 5 minutes
- stir in the cooked meatballs and cook until warmed through
- keep on a low temperature or in a slow cooker to keep warm
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!