I’ve talked about this in the past, but bite sized foods are the perfect football food. When you have friends over to watch the big game you don’t leave the T.V. to go sit at a table and eat. You lay out all the food on a table and everyone snacks during the game. Plus, I usually make so many different appetizers that people want to try them all. No one wants to fill up on just one thing. So when planning a meal for the Super Bowl I think sliders are the perfect option. I love a good meatball sandwich but they can be messy and and big and filling so I thought meatball sliders? This mozzarella stuffed meatball sliders are the perfect make ahead party food.
You can easily make these meatballs the weekend before your party and freeze them. Then, just move them over to the fridge the night before you party. The morning of your party you can just pop them into a crock pot with the marinara sauce. I would when you set up your food table just lay out your slider rolls next to the crock pot and everyone can make their own sandwich. You don’t have to worry about sticking them under heat to melt the mozzarella cheese because it inside and all melty and gooey and perfect! Happy eating.
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 c bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp parsley fresh
- 1 egg beaten
- 1.25 lb Italian seasoned ground turkey
- 30- 1 " cubes of mozzarella
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 c favorite marinara sauce
- 30 slider rolls
- in a large bowl combine first 8 ingredients
- add in ground turkey and mix well but don't over mix meat
- form a ball with 2 tbsp of meat mixture
- push a cube of mozzarella cheese into the center and reshape with sealing the cheese into the center
- heat a skillet with the olive oil over med heat
- place meatballs in the skillet and cook until brown then flip and continue to cook until brown then turn to cook the sides
- once completely cooked you can cool and freeze for later
- when ready to serve place in a crock pot with your favorite marinara sauce
- to serve slice roll and place a tbsp of sauce on roll and then a meatball secure the top bun with a toothpick
Real Housemoms TV
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!