Our 15 MINUTE SPAGHETTI SAUCE is the perfect addition to your weeknight meals. It’s super quick & easy to make, and totally delicious!
This here is my go-to weeknight dinner when I need to eat stat and totally don’t feel like being in the kitchen. It’s saved me from picking up the phone and ordering in more times than I’m going to admit. You know those days when you’ve been working all day, your house is a disaster and all you want to do is crawl into bed but you can’t cause it’s 6pm and you and everyone else in your house is starving? Ya, those days. So much fun. Joking!
This 15 Minute Spaghetti Dinner is the wild card you want to have in your back pocket for those days. It will take you almost less time to make as ordering delivery Chinese, and it’s so much better for you and your pocketbook.
Real Housemoms TV
This past month I’ve been creating a course for people who want to learn how to start a blog. It’s been taking up about 110% of my time and this 15 Minute Spaghetti Dinner has been an absolute saviour for me. I honestly don’t know what I would have done without it, which is why I wanted to share it with you.
This recipe is a version of the 15 Minute Zucchini Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce that I have on The Endless Meal. I’ve added ground beef to this version and totally love it.
One of the things I love most about this recipe is how easily it adapts to different diets. You can serve the sauce over regular noodles, gluten-free noodles, or zucchini noodles for a low-carb, paleo version. When I make this for dinner, I always have it with zucchini noodles and make some regular spaghetti noodles for my man.
I’ve kept the recipe exactly how I make it when I’m in a rush for dinner. Read: super simple. Feel free to add carrots, peppers, mushrooms or any other veggies you like to the sauce. You can also switch it up by using ground pork, chicken or veggie ground round instead of the beef. It’s super customizable!
- Pasta of your choice see notes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 - 28- ounce can <g class="gr_ gr_88 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_disable_anim_appear undefined Grammar multiReplace" id="88" data-gr-id="88">crushed</g> tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. If you're using zucchini noodles, sprinkle them generously with sea salt and set them aside in a large bowl. Note: before you serve the zucchini noodles, rinse the salt off under hot running water.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot over high heat and add the onion. Saute the onion for about 8 minutes, or until it is well browned. Turn down the heat to medium-high and add the garlic to the pot and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and let it cook until it is no longer <g class="gr_ gr_80 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_disable_anim_appear undefined Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="80" data-gr-id="80">pink,</g> about 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, honey and balsamic to the pot and bring it to a simmer. Season the sauce generously with sea salt.
- Blend the sauteed onion and garlic with the crushed tomatoes until smooth then add this to the cooked ground beef.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!