Roast Beef Horseradish Cheese Baked Sliders are our new favorite football food! The sweet caramelized onions against the savory roast beef and kick of the horseradish cheese make these sandwiches amazing!!!
ROAST BEEF HORSERADISH CHEDDAR BAKED SLIDERS
Love it? Pin it to your APPETIZER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Football season is in full swing and I’m so happy!!! This is my favorite time of year! I love to watch the game with a fire going, drinking my chai tea and snacking on melty cheesey food. I like dips and small sliders for football. I don’t want something that’s hard to put down, hard to eat or too messy if my boys run for a TD and I go jumping around my family room. Sliders are great because you feel like you’re having something a bit more substantial than a dip but it small so a couple bites in and you’re done and ready to cheer your team on without risk of throwing you food across the room. Roast Beef Horseradish cheese baked sliders fit the bill perfectly!
I’ve used horseradish cheese on my steak sandwiches ever since I discovered it and I love it! It’s not too spicy but has a kick and is the best ever on a roast beef sandwich. When you pair that with the sweetness of the caramelized onions it’s amazing! Don’t skip the sprinkle of oregano. It adds so much to the flavor of these sliders. My husband wanted me to serve them with an au jus dipping sauce but I didn’t have anything. I think maybe next time I’ll have to make some and make him happy.
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter divided
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- 12 slices of Horseradish cheddar cheese
- 12 slices of roast beef deli meat
- 1/4 tsp oregano dried
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- melt 1 tbsp of butter in a large skillet over medium low heat
- add in the onion, brown sugar and salt, stir and cook until soften, 5 to 10 minutes
- remove to a bowl and set aside
- place the bottom of the rolls in a baking dish
- lay out 6 slices of cheese over the roll bottoms
- place 1 slice of roast beef on each roll, you will have to bunch it up to fit
- spoon about a tsp of the onions over each roast beef slice
- lay out the remaining 6 slices of cheese over the top of those
- place the tops of the roll on top of the cheese
- melt remaining butter and brush over the tops of the rolls
- sprinkle with the oregano
- place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melty and great
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!