Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are a spicy appetizer that’s perfect for game day! This secretly healthy recipe is so good, no one will miss chicken wings!
Football season is officially underway, which means tailgating parties! However, most spreads at football parties are not very diet friendly! Bring healthy snacks recipes to your next event to keep your diet on track! These Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are a super tasty, crowd-pleasing appetizer that you can fill up on without the added guilt!
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
I’m a sucker for anything doused in spicy buffalo sauce, even baked cauliflower! Your traditional buffalo chicken wings weigh in at around 430 calories and 29 grams of fat per 1 cup serving. These cauliflower buffalo bites are a measly 150 calories and 6 grams of fat per 1 cup serving! Plus, they are fiber filled and antioxidant rich! You can even turn these into vegan chicken wings by substituting melted coconut oil for the butter!
Now if you’re wondering if these bites can take the Pepsi challenge with wings, let’s get real. Cauliflower wings are not the same as chicken wings (yes, I know cauliflower doesn’t have wings), but these bites are so ridiculously good that even wing lovers will be up for giving them a try. If you’ve never made roasted cauliflower, don’t fret. This recipe will show you how to make buffalo cauliflower bites the easy way…it’s practically fool-proof! This recipe is a favorite at my house on game day and I know it will be at your house too!
Want more cauliflower recipes?
- Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes
- Cauliflower Rice
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Buffalo Cauliflower Bites recipe
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add cauliflower florets and toss to coat.
- Spread cauliflower evenly onto your prepared baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, flipping once. Remove from oven and leave the oven on.
- In a separate bowl stir together melted butter and buffalo sauce. Add baked cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Spread evenly onto the baking sheet. Place back in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until crispy, flipping once.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving warm or at room temperature. Serve with your favorite dressing for dipping.
Recipe adapted from POP Sugar
For more diet friendly appetizers check out Begin Within Nutrition!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!