BBQ Cauliflower Bites make a healthy and quick appetizer or side. Make them zesty, tangy or even sweet with your favorite sauce! Perfect for parties or game day!
BBQ Cauliflower Bites are a healthy alternative to many of the calorie ridden appetizers and side dishes we love and crave. Just like Buffalo Cauliflower Bites, they are simple to make and can be adjusted to fit your cravings from tangy to hot or sweet with your sauce selection. You’re about to find out that cauliflower and bbq sauce are best friends!
BBQ CAULIFLOWER BITES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
MY LATEST VIDEOS
I don’t know about you guys, but every once and while I get a serious craving for chicken nuggets. It depends on my mood. Sometimes I want sweet honey mustard, other times a sweat-inducing buffalo and sometimes a tangy BBQ. But since having my daughter (she is now 14 weeks old!) I need to make healthier food choices. Not only for my waistline, but also because I am her main food source.
Barbecue cauliflower gives me a similar texture with a little crispy crunch on the outside and all of the flavors of the sauce without a fraction of the calories. You don’t even need to totally drown them in sauce. All it takes is a nice basting to achieve the perfect flavor. One of my favorite parts of BBQ cauliflower is being able to customize the BBQ sauce. Looking for sweet? No problem! Use a brown sugar or molasses based sauce. Need some zest in your life? Try a vinegar based sauce. Looking for a few sweat beads, great! Use a spicy and sweet sauce.
BBQ Cauliflower Bites are also a winning recipe for potlucks and parties. Superbowl is right around the corner and I can guarantee you that your guests will love to nosh on these bad boys all night long! I also make them as a side dish… because if you are aiming to hide vegetables, pairing them with a sauce it the best way to do it. They are a fabulous accompaniment for burgers (in lieu of fries) steaks, grilled chicken or even a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. They are also a great and flavorful addition to any salad. If you are a cauliflower lover like I am, you are also going to like my Lemon Parmesan Cauliflower and Herb Roasted Whole Cauliflower.
Want more easy cauliflower recipes?
- Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes
- Mini Cauliflower Pizza
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this BBQ Cauliflower Bites recipe
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Silicone Mat: I use a silicone mat on my baking sheet practically everytime I bake. The mat makes for easy cleanup and my foods don’t stick to the pan.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
- 2 heads cauliflower cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment paper, and a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss cauliflower with your favorite BBQ sauce. Try to coat evenly, but pay special attention to the florets and getting sauce into the little cracks and crevices.
- Arrange in a single layer on the rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the florets start to get brown and crispy.
- Evenly sprinkle ground pepper, fine sea salt and parsley over cooked cauliflower bites, serve hot.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!