These super quick Easy Ranch Chicken Tacos can be on the table in less than 30 minutes and are sure to impress the ranch lovers in your life!
Simple yet flavorful Easy Ranch Chicken Tacos are packed with big ranch flavor and sure to satisfy the whole family! You can’t strike out with seasoned chicken, cheese, and fresh toppings cradled in a fluffy flour tortilla and topped with your favorite ranch dressing!
RANCH LOVERS ONLY
I know a majority of the human population enjoys ranch dressing, but for us ranch fanatics we welcome any excuse to add our favorite ranch dressing to a meal! Easy Ranch Chicken Tacos take your typical chicken soft taco recipe and elevate it to something truly stellar!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH EASY RANCH CHICKEN TACOS
- Garlic Ranch Potato Wedges – Keep the ranch theme going with a batch of these amazing potato wedges!
- Taco Salad – This salad makes a great side dish for Taco Tuesdays!
Chicken: Prepare 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts by cutting them up into bite-sized pieces.
Seasoning: Season the chicken with a taco seasoning mix and your favorite ranch dressing.
Toppings: Keep it simple with some fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese. Don’t forget to have some extra ranch dressing on hand to dress your Ranch Chicken Tacos!
Taco Shells: Flour tortillas are the easiest to use, but you could also fry up some corn tortilla shells if you prefer.
HOW TO MAKE EASY RANCH CHICKEN TACOS
STEP ONE: Start by adding olive oil to a skillet and heating it over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the diced chicken pieces and cook them completely through. Drain any excess liquid from the skillet.
STEP TWO: Sprinkle the taco seasoning mix over the cooked chicken. Stir the cooked chicken until all the pieces are coated in taco seasoning and continue to cook it for 5-7 more minutes. Finally, add in the ranch dressing and stir until the chicken is completely coated. Cook the chicken for an additional 2-3 minutes and then remove it from the stove.
STEP THREE: Assemble Easy Ranch Chicken Tacos by scooping the chicken into a flour tortilla or taco shell and adding your favorite toppings!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- The cook time for the chicken may vary depending on the size of your chunks. Smaller pieces may not need as long on the stove.
- If you’re looking to cut carbs, this ranch chicken goes perfectly on a fresh bed of lettuce. Then add your favorite taco toppings to create a super flavorful ranch chicken taco salad!
WHAT IS THE BEST RANCH DRESSING?
I’m sure everyone has their favorite brand of store-bought Ranch Dressing. I used to only buy ranch dressing from the refrigerated section of the store- never off the shelves in the salad dressing aisle. These days though I prefer to make my own Homemade Ranch Dressing! I also love to mix it up with Avocado Ranch Dressing and spicy Jalapeno Ranch Dressing.
HOW TO REHEAT RANCH CHICKEN
If you have leftover ranch chicken taco meat simply store it in an airtight container in the fridge. Depending on your preference, you can reheat it the next day in the oven or on the stovetop. However you choose to reheat it, just make sure it reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees before serving.
OTHER EASY DINNER RECIPES
- One Pan Tax-Mex Chicken & Rice
- Taco Tater Tot Casserole
- One Pot Alfredo Pasta
- Easy Weeknight Chili
- American Goulash
- Taco Casserole
*This post originally posted on04/16/2013.
- Ranch dressing
- Lettuce shredded
- Tomatoes diced
- Cheddar cheese shredded
- Avocado chopped
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chopped chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink inside.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken. DO NOT add water!
- Stir the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes until the taco seasoning coats the chicken and sticks to the pieces.
- Add the ranch dressing and stir until well combined. Cook for another 3 minutes
- Fill the tortillas or taco shells with chicken. We like to top our tacos with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and a little drizzle of ranch dressing. Feel free to add any taco toppings you enjoy!