A kitchen remodel is never an easy undertaking but choosing the right home appliances can be! Find out which brand we chose and see how the install turned out!
This post is sponsored by Beko Appliances. All opinions are 100% my own.
Even before the days of Real Housemoms (it’s so hard to remember that long ago!) the kitchen has been the heart of my home. I spent hours crafting up new recipes, countless nights testing out those recipes, girls’ nights catching up over a bottle of wine around the kitchen island, the list goes on and on.
We have SO many memories in our kitchen, but Casey and I have been wanting a kitchen remodel for years. Our boys are growing up (cue the mom tears), so our kitchen is ready to grow up with them.
We held out for so long because I was convinced the moment we got a new beautiful countertop installed, they’d accidentally take a permanent marker to it. Or, I’d fall in love with a new stainless-steel fridge and they’d drive their Tonka truck directly into it leaving a nice big dent. In reality, those things probably wouldn’t have happened, but I just couldn’t commit to a big remodel until I was sure those things were guaranteed to not happen.
Well, that day arrived earlier this fall, and I couldn’t be more excited to share our remodel journey with you! We’ve revamped our kitchen from top to bottom with a new coat of paint, fresh countertops, and a great new island.
But, those changes are only aesthetic. Our kitchen needed more… we needed functionality. I truly believe that the most important part of our remodel was our major appliances. Having quality, reliable kitchen appliances makes a kitchen the real heart of a home.
We were so excited when we were able to partner with Beko Appliances – they’ve truly made all our kitchen dreams come true. If you’re wondering why you may not have heard of Beko before, I hadn’t either, but I am SO excited to share why I love this company so much now!
Beko is the No. 1 home appliance company in all of Europe and is available across 145 countries. They made their way to the United States in 2017 and have been making a name for themselves ever since. Beko is an incredible company because they pride themselves on producing energy-efficient products that are sleek, modern and offer unique features. We have been thrilled with our choices and can’t wait to share them with you!
Beko 36-inch French 4-Door Freestanding Refrigerator
I have had a plain old boring fridge for years. You know – the generic white, freezer on top, fridge on bottom, unremarkable in every way? Yup…that’s the fridge that has housed all of the yummy Real Housemoms treats for years.
Has it done its job of keeping my family’s food cold?
Has it brought me joy?
Enter my new 36’’ Beko French 4-door Freestanding Refrigerator. I cannot even begin to tell you how much joy this beauty brings me. I find myself just standing with the doors open staring at how gorgeous my gallons of milk and leftover Chinese take-out look inside it. Thankfully Beko is a CHAMPION when it comes to energy efficiency so I can gaze longingly without worry.
Did you know that Beko received the ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Award THREE years in a row?? Now that’s a company I can stand behind.
But, it’s not all about looks. This fridge also does so much for maximizing efficiency in our house. First, it has so much space.
Between cooking for my own family and testing out recipes for new Real Housemoms content, our fridge was always busting at the seams – it looked like a disorganized disaster zone on the daily.
Our new Beko fridge never feels full and has perfectly designed shelves to optimize the amount of space.
Another feature that is a total game-changer for me is the EverFresh+ and Active Fresh Blue Light. These modern technologies have made a noticeable difference in keeping our foods fresher for longer. I swear that my produce tastes like it was just picked even past its “best by” date!
Is your family constantly running out of ice? Mine used to. I was always going to the freezer to make myself a refreshing drink just to find an empty ice tray. It was really one of my biggest pet peeves.
Not anymore! Our new ice maker has a great drawer feature that never gets clogged and produces plenty of ice – no more running out when I need it most.
More Refrigerator Features You’ll Love:
- EverFresh+ Double Drawer – Keeps food fresher three times longer than the average fridge – for up to 30 days!
- NeoFrost dual cooling system – Your fridge cools twice as fast with three separate cooling systems that maintain optimal humidity in the fridge, all while keeping the freezer dry and frost-free.
- Interior filtered water dispenser – This allows the refrigerator to showcase such a clean look on the exterior.
- Mulitzone temperature adjustability – Customize your storage needs. Choose the lowest temp to increase freezer space or create a Quick-Chill zone for wine or dessert.
- Counter-depth design and Fingerprint-Free Stainless Steel
- Interior Digital Display – Easy-to-read inner digital display allows you to quickly adjust cooling and freezing settings.
- Interior LED lighting – High efficiency, long-lasting LED lights are strategically placed to illuminate every shelf and provide uniform lighting.
- Sabbath Mode Refrigerator – In compliance with the rules of the Jewish Sabbath, the lights inside the fridge and freezer stay off when the door is opened.
Beko 24-inch Tall Tub, Top Control Dishwasher
A good dishwasher can save you HOURS of cleaning time. I’ve never met anyone who’s favorite part of cooking or baking is the cleanup, if I could wave a magic wand and all my dirty dishes were cleaned, believe me, I would.
Our new 24″ Beko Top Control Dishwasher has been the closest thing I can find to that magic wand. It’s been a game-changer in terms of my recipe experimenting. It has so much room and is totally customizable – I can even fit my biggest stockpot.
Not only can I fit tons of dishes in each load, but it is SO quiet! I have to admit that I have run back into the kitchen a few times just to make sure I’d pushed the start button. The SilentTech technology in this dishwasher is amazing! Luckily for forgetful me, there are indicator lights that tell me when the dishwasher is running and when the cycle is complete!
More Dishwasher Features You’ll Love:
- AquaIntense – Creates and extra intensive cleaning zone in the bottom basket the dishwasher to help you spend less time scrubbing. No more pre-rinsing!
- IonGuard – Neutralizes and removes bad odors from inside your dishwasher.
- HomeWhiz Smart Home Technology – Connect your smart appliance to your mobile devices. Control your dishwasher from anywhere!
- Removable 3rd rack – Gives you extra capacity for cutlery, espresso cups, and kitchen utensils, while still allowing for tall glassware in the upper basket.
- LED spot – A red light indicator on the floor at the base of the dishwasher means you can tell with just one look if it’s running or not.
- Stainless steel interior – Resists hard water stains, spots, and corrosions in addition to offering more noise cancellation and supporting higher temperatures than plastic interiors.
- ProSmart Inverter – This inverter helps power Beko’s cleaning twice as quietly as standard motors, and it saves water and energy.
- ENERGY STAR® Most Energy Efficient 2019 Dishwashers
Beko 36-inch Gas Built-In Cooktop & Beko 30-inch Built-in Wall Oven
When Casey and I picked out our new (might I say gorgeous) countertops, I knew that I didn’t want just any old oven/cooktop combo stuck in between the countertops. I had dreams of a cooktop Martha Stewart herself would envy and a built-in wall oven that would be the talk of the town. (Yes, my kitchen fantasies have the tendency to be a bit dramatic.) Well, I’ve found BOTH of those fantasies in my new Beko appliances.
Our new 36’’ Beko Gas Built-In Cooktop has fantastic even distributed heat. No more half burnt/half uncooked pancakes for us! It also has various burner sizes to accommodate any size cookware you may have and the fingerprint-free stainless steel…OH MAN! This cooktop looks as clean and shiny as it did on the day when the great guys from Hutch’s Home Furnishings installed it!
More Cooktop Features You’ll Love:
- Auto Recognition – If your burners ever accidentally extinguish while you’re cooking, this range will automatically reignite the flame.
- Five Burners – No wasted space on this cooktop. The middle burner is a lifesaver when prepping meals for company.
Growing up, my mom had a gorgeous built-in wall oven. I have so many fond memories of baking Christmas cookies in that oven, I’ve been trying to find an oven of that caliber for years. I tried to get Casey to let me put a wall oven on my “must-have” list when we bought our house, but I guess things like bedrooms for both of the boys and a working bathroom topped that.
When we decided to really pull the trigger on this kitchen remodel, I knew that I had to have the built-in wall oven of my dreams. The modern design of the 30’’ Beko Built-In Wall Oven was exactly the aesthetic we were going for, and the 12 different cooking functions are a total LIFESAVER for trying out new recipes to share with you!
As someone who bakes constantly, a bright and clear oven light is essential. I hate when I can’t properly see what’s cooking inside the oven, so I’m forced to open the door and BOOM! The cookies are instantly ruined.
Maybe that’s a bit dramatic…but it’s happened! That problem is solved with this oven! The light makes it so easy to monitor what’s cooking. No need to risk your success by opening the door!
More Wall Oven Features You’ll Love:
- Full-Extensions Telescopic Lower Rack – Transport even your heaviest dishes with confidence and safety with these sturdy, full extending pull-out racks.
- Cooling Fan – Cools both the built-in cabinet and the front of the oven.
- Door Lock – Great for keeping kids out!
- Meat Probe – Attach the included meat probe to your oven and check the internal temperature as needed. You can also leave the probe in your meat and cooking will automatically terminate once the preset internal temperature is attained.
- Fingerprint-Free Stainless Steel – Easy to clean and smudge-free happiness!
- Cooking Functions – Bake, SURF convection, broil, convection broil, roast, convection roast, pizza cooking, Sabbath, keep warm, bread proof, prime turkey and self-clean.
We had a BLAST remodeling our kitchen. Was it stressful at times? Of course. As with any remodel, the thought of losing access to your kitchen for any period of time is terrifying.
Especially when your business RELIES on you being able to be in your kitchen basically 24/7. But, thanks to the help of the amazing guys over at Hutch’s Home Furnishings, our kitchen was only out of commission for a very short time!
I can’t say enough wonderful things about Hutch’s Home Furnishings – they did such a great job with our install. They were professional, knowledgeable, and fun to work with! Their team communicated well, they were on time for the appointment and they made sure to take extra care when altering our counter and cabinet space during the install.
Now that Casey and I are happily settled into our new kitchen. Every appliance, measuring cup, and dish has its place and it makes my organized heart SO happy. We can’t believe that we waited this long to bite the bullet and get remodeling!
If you’re thinking that your kitchen needs a new facelift, I totally suggest checking out all the options Beko Appliances has to offer. We couldn’t be happier with our choices and we can’t wait to start making memories in the new heart of our home!