Life is better with cookies, and I couldn’t think of a better way to spend the day than baking up a batch or two of these Peppermint Stick Cookies!
PEPPERMINT STICK COOKIES!
Love it? Pin it to your DESSERT board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I don’t know bout you, but the holiday season seems to pass by in a flash. I swear it goes faster and faster every year. This year especially. With my family spending Thanksgiving week with us, that was a blur. Then we have Stella’s birthday, with Christmas right around the corner. New Years and Charlie’s Birthday and then poof they’re gone.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Just to make things interesting this year we’re moving too. I have no idea what we were thinking, but there’s no turning back now. When I start to feel a little bah humbug creeping in due to the amount on my to-do list, I bake cookies. It is impossible to feel stressed or sad when you are baking and eating cookies. It’s a fact.
These peppermint stick cookies are a holiday classic in our house. Peppermint and chocolate are simply a must at this time of year. These peppermint stick cookies are like peppermint bark in cookie form. A shortbread cookie drizzled with chocolate and then topped with crushed peppermint candies, these cookies are like little holiday cheerleaders. Cheering you on no matter how busy we get. And I know I am not the only one with a list that seems endless. Plus, they are a great way to use up the three years of old candy canes hiding in stockings (or is that just me).
So, when you feel yourself turning to the scrooge side, crank up the music and get baking. You won’t be sorry you did.
Don’t skip the chilling time with these cookies, but if you let the dough chill overnight, allow it to rest at room temperature for about 15 minutes before you start rolling.
Don’t let the holiday season pass you by without making these peppermint stick cookies, they really do help to make the season very merry.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- crushed peppermint candies
- cream together the sugar, butter, salt, and peppermint extract
- stir in the flour
- roll dough into a ball and flatten into a disc
- wrap the cookie dough in plastic and chill for at least 1 hour (can be left overnight)
- when you are ready to bake the cookie heat oven to 350 degrees
- roll dough into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface
- trim the edged and then cut dough into sticks
- bake on a parchment lined or silpat lined baking sheets for 12 minutes
- cool cookies on rack
- once they are completely cool make the glaze
- melt chocolate and butter, then off heat stir in the corn syrup and peppermint
- drizzle over completely cooled cookies and top with crushed peppermint candies
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!