Slow Cooker Andes Mint Hot Chocolate is decadently rich and delightfully minty, making it the perfect drink to sip on this holiday season!
Warm, rich, and creamy, this Slow Cooker Andes Mint Hot Chocolate is the perfect drink to serve this holiday season! Deliciously festive and great for entertaining, this is by far the best slow cooker hot chocolate recipe out there!
SAVE YOUR COFFEE SHOP MONEY!
As soon as the weather gets cold I start to crave those winter flavors! This mint hot chocolate recipe reminds me of my favorite holiday drink at Starbucks and I love that I can treat my family and friends to a cup too!
It also wouldn’t be winter without a mug of Homemade Eggnog or Slow Cooker Candy Cane White Hot Chocolate!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH SLOW COOKER ANDES MINT HOT CHOCOLATE
- Mint Balls – These snackable desserts go great with a cup of minty hot cocoa and they can be easily decorated for the holidays too!
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies – Shortbread and hot chocolate are a match made in dessert heaven!
- Holiday Chocolate Dipped Shortbread – These dip-able cookies are a holiday party must!
Dairy: This slow cooker recipe for hot chocolate requires whole milk and half-and-half or heavy cream for the drink base.
Add-ins: You will need sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and chopped up Andes Mints for this recipe.
Toppings: Feel free to have marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and extra Andes Mints on hand to dress up this delicious drink!
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER HOT CHOCOLATE
STEP ONE: Grab your slow cooker and set it to HIGH. Add in 3 cups of milk and 2 cups of half and half. You can also use heavy cream in place of half and half.
STEP TWO: To a blender, add in the remaining 3 cups of milk, 40 unwrapped Andes mints, 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, and 1/2 cup of sugar. Blend the milk and mints together for about 15-20 seconds on high. The mints will be chopped up and the cocoa powder will be blended into the mixture.
STEP THREE: Pour this mixture into the slow cooker and stir to combine the ingredients. Place the lid onto the slow cooker. This slow cooker hot chocolate will cook for 3-4 hours on HIGH.
STEP FOUR: Once the Andes Mint hot chocolate is ready to serve pour it into mugs and enjoy. It can be topped with any combination of marshmallows, whipped cream, Andes Mints, or chocolate drizzle!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Remember to stir your Slow Cooker Andes Mint Hot Chocolate at least once an hour to keep the chocolate from burning on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- If you are serving this slow cooker hot chocolate recipe at a party consider having a toppings bar for your guests!
- One of my favorite variations of this recipe is to use sea salt and caramel toppings and Andes Toffee Crunch chocolates thins.
CAN YOU KEEP HOT CHOCOLATE WARM IN A SLOW COOKER
Once this Andes Mint Hot Chocolate is ready you can keep your slow cooker on the “warm” setting. Make sure to keep marshmallows on the side if you won’t be serving it up all at once. They will melt in the slow cooker and make the hot chocolate extremely sweet!
DOES HOT CHOCOLATE HAVE CAFFEINE?
Chocolate does naturally have some caffeine in it, but compared to an average cup of coffee it’s nothing to be too concerned about. This slow cooker hot chocolate recipe is still a great one to serve at family gatherings. In fact, all the kids in my family go nuts for this recipe! And everyone absolutely loves when I serve it with a toppings bar so they can customize their drinks.
OTHER HOLIDAY FAVORITE RECIPES
- Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake
- Brownie Batter Dip
- Christmas Crack
- Reindeer Chow
- Spritz Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
*This post originally posted on 12/09/2016.
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half-and-half (or heavy cream)
- 40 Andes Mints unwrapped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Whipped cream
- Andes mints chopped
- Fresh mint sprig
- Chocolate sauce for drizzling
- Add 3 cups of milk and 2 cups of half-and-half into the slow cooker.
- To a blender, add the remaining 3 cups of milk, the Andes mints, cocoa powder, and sugar. Blend on high until the mints are chopped up and the cocoa powder is mixed in, about 15-20 seconds. Pour the mint mixture into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Place the lid onto your slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on HIGH. Make sure to stir every hour to help prevent the cocoa from scalding on the bottom of the crock.
- Serve warm in mugs topped with your favorite toppings if desired.