Slow Cooker Andes Mint Hot Chocolate is a decadently rich and creamy mint hot cocoa that is the perfect drink to sip by the Christmas tree this holiday season!
SLOW COOKER ANDRES MINT HOT CHOCOLATE!
Love it? Pin it to your DRINK board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Who loves Andes Mints? I am obsessed. Literally, I count down the days until December 1st to open up the first box and lose all self-control. I know that they make these all year round but I hold off until Christmas season to eat, no devour these little chocolates of minty joy. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a homemade hot chocolate lover. Like a venti cup a day. And I look forward to it every morning. I honestly can’t believe that I didn’t make this hot chocolate until recently.
Real Housemoms TV
We have a family tradition each year of putting up our Christmas tree, decorating it with ornaments galore (we have 5 kids!) and then sitting around it singing some of our favorite Christmas tunes and drinking hot chocolate. This year I wanted to do something extra special. First, because it is our first Christmas in our newly built home and second, my niece Eleanor was coming and she just loves Christmas. So I decorated the table all nice, made a batch of this Slow Cooker Andes Mint Hot Chocolate and had the music set and we have the most amazing night around the tree. My mom came over and gave all the kids their traditional Christmas jammies and I, of course, had everyone say what they are grateful for….it was magical.
Not only am I grateful for this Slow Cooker Andes Mint Hot Chocolate and my family, but I am grateful getting to do what I love. Making recipes that create memories and make friendships, like with readers like you. Have a great holiday season and whether it is just you and your kin, or a big group of family and friends this Slow Cooker Andes Mint Hot Chocolate is one of my best crock pot recipes and is a perfect drink to sit around and enjoy the season.
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half and half heavy cream will also work
- 40 Andes Mints unwrapped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add 3 cups of milk and the half and half (or heavy cream) to the slow cooker. Turn on high.
- In a blender add the remaining 3 cups milk, 40 Andes Mints, unsweetened cocoa powder and sugar and blended on high until mints are chopped up and unsweetened cocoa powder is mixed in, about 15-20 seconds. Pour into slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours.
- Making sure to stir every hour (or 45-minutes) to make sure that the cocoa is not burning to the bottom.
- Serve with marshmallows, whipped topping, chopped up Andes Mints and chocolate drizzle.
Like this Slow Cooker Andes Mint Hot Chocolate, check out a few of my other holiday favorites.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!