These delightful Peanut Butter Blossoms are festive enough for your holiday table and nostalgic enough to enjoy year round!
The perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate, these Peanut Butter Blossoms are one of my absolute favorite cookies! These eye-catching cookies are deliciously chewy, packed with flavor, and they take less than an hour to make!
THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS!
Even if you have never made Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies, I can pretty much guarantee that you have had one! These classic cookies are always a treat and this is by far the best Peanut Butter Blossom cookie recipe out there!
Once you have mastered this blossom cookie, try these amazing Chocolate Crinkle Peppermint Blossom or Peppermint Patty Stuffed Chocolate Crinkle Cookies!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS
- Nutella Hot Chocolate – Warm and rich, this hot cocoa goes great with a sugar-coated blossom cookie!
- Peppermint Brownie Bites – Another type of blossom, this sweet treat uses Hershey’s Hugs Peppermint Kisses!
- Buttered Rum Snickerdoodles – The only thing really missing from this dessert party is a lovely cinnamon snickerdoodle- with a twist!
Dry Ingredients: You’ll want to grab all-purpose flour, baking soda, sea salt and both granulated and brown sugar from the pantry.
Wet Ingredients: Make sure to have unsalted butter, vanilla, and an egg on hand for this blossom cookie recipe. You’ll also need creamy peanut butter!
Chocolate Kisses: Have 40-50 chocolate kiss candies unwrapped and ready to add to the top of your cookies.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS
STEP ONE: In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt and set that bowl aside. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar until the mix is smooth. Add in the egg next and mix it into the creamed butter mixture on low for about 30 seconds. Last, add the creamy peanut butter and vanilla and mix it in until it is well combined.
STEP TWO: Begin combining the dry and wet mixes by adding a small amount of the dry ingredients at a time. Mix the peanut butter cookie dough well and then place it in the fridge to chill for 30-60 minutes.
STEP THREE: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then use a small cookie scoop to portion tablespoons of dough and roll them into balls. Cover each dough ball in granulated sugar before placing it onto the cookie sheet about 1-1/2 inches apart.
STEP THREE: Bake the cookies for about 8 minutes. Remove them from the oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes. You want them to still be warm for the next step.
STEP FIVE: Gently push a chocolate candy kiss into the center. Squish it down gently to achieve the desired crinkle effect. Place the finished Peanut Butter Blossoms into the freezer to allow them to chill for about 5 minutes. Once you remove the cookies, allow them to completely cool so the candy kisses will harden again.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- These cookies will spread slightly in the oven so make sure to give at least 1 1/2 inches of space between the dough balls.
- Don’t let the cookies cool for too long once you remove them from the oven or the kisses won’t settle correctly into the blossom.
- Even after you remove the finished cookies from the freezer, the chocolate may still be melty so handle Peanut Butter Blossoms with care until they completely cool.
CAN YOU FREEZE PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS
The good news is that these easy Peanut Butter Blossoms are freezer friendly! Like any cookie you’re wanting to freeze, just make sure they’re kept in an airtight container. They will last in the freezer for several weeks. When you are ready to enjoy them, remove them from the freezer and allow them to come up to room temperature. It may take a little extra time for the chocolate kiss to fully defrost.
HOW TO STACK PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS
There’s no perfect way to stack blossom cookies. You can typically stack them 2 layers high by working around the chocolate kiss peaks. The good news is that once the chocolate kisses have completely cooled they’re hard enough to awkwardly stack in a container if presentation isn’t a huge concern. They will taste amazing regardless of how you stack, or don’t stack, them.
OTHER CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Tiger Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter Balls
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the egg and beat for 30 seconds. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in two additions, mixing after each addition until everything is incorporated. Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Place the sugar into a small bowl.
- Use a small cookie scoop or measuring spoon to scoop the dough into 1 tablespoon portions. Roll the dough into balls and then roll each ball in the sugar until coated.
- Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet about 1-1/2 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for 2 minutes (NO LONGER!!). Then press a Hershey's kiss into the center of each cookie until the edges crinkle.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. The kisses will look a bit soft from the heat of the cookie. That's okay, they will set up as the cookies cool.