PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD is comfort food at it’s finest! Warm and filled with peanut butter and chocolate, no one will be able to have just one piece!
When I think about comfort foods one that stands out to me is banana bread! It’s one of my favorites and you can do so much with it. In the fall I make Pumpkin Banana Bread because, you know, you have to put pumpkin in everything in the fall! You can do so much with banana bread and it’s so easy to make! You don’t need a mixer and you can make it in just one bowl, so clean up’s a breeze. Let me tell you anytime I have barely any dishes to do I’m the happiest girl in the world! So peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread was a very good decision. 🙂
Yesterday I felt like eating banana bread but wanted to jazz it up. I went in through my baking cupboard and found a bag of peanut butter chips I had planned on using for cookies. My monkeys and husband had been stealing my peanut butter chips behind my back. When I checked the bag there was only about 1/2 cup left. YIKES! That’s when I made the decision to do a peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread. I mean no one has ever gone wrong with peanut butter and chocolate together!
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- grease a 4 x 8-inch loaf pan
- in a large mixing bowl combine the mashed banana and melted butter
- stir in the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt and flour until just combined
- stir in the peanut butter and chocolate chips
- pour batter into the greased loaf pan
- place in oven and bake for 50 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- allow to cool on a rack for 5 minutes then remove and slice to serve