GRILLED BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP TACOS are so quick and easy to make but they’re a real crowd pleaser. The flavors are amazing and the best dinner to share with friends and family!
I like to eat a lot of different foods but shrimp was always a food I would avoid at all costs. I was not a fan. I had a BAD experience with shrimp when I was little and could never bring myself to stomach it again for years. I would try and try every few years but it was no use. Until I had it fried with coconut that is. I was converted and I’ve slowly started to venture out to eat more and more shrimp, like these Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Tacos!
I decided I wanted to grill up some shrimp the other day to have in tacos. My husband was craving fish tacos but I wasn’t feeling it. So I thought shrimp tacos would be a great compromise. I’m still not at a point where I can do straight shrimp but wrapped in bacon and EVERYTHING is amazing. We tend to like bacon, here on Real Housemoms. It all started with our Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers and just kept going. Once, someone searched bacon wrapped bacon and Google directed them to us!
These tacos are really super easy to make. If you have frozen shrimp you could potentially have these on the table in 20 minutes. If you start with fresh shrimp it would be even faster! The sauce I drizzled over top is so crazy simple but really tasted out of this world!!! I’m already planning a burger this summer that I can top with it. I had a bag of shredded cabbage that I was going to use to make slaw but was repurposed into the topping for these tacos and it was so worth it. The cabbage has more of a crunch than lettuce and holds up against the flavors of the shrimp and bacon! Make these for dinner tonight and you will be crowned the rock star of the dinner table!!!
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1/4 cup cocktail sauce
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- shredded cabbage
- corn tortillas
- soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes
- peel and devein shrimp
- in a bowl toss with cumin, paprika, pepper, and garlic powder
- wrap each shrimp with a piece of bacon
- place three shrimp on a skewer making sure the bacon is secure and shrimp are spread out evenly
- heat grill to medium heat
- place shrimp skewers on the grill and allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes then flip to cook the other side for another 3 minutes
- remove from grill and set aside
- mix cocktail sauce and tartar sauce until well combined and set aside
- warm the tortillas on a dry pan over medium high heat on the stove
- place on a plate and top with shredded cabbage and sliced avocado then drizzle sauce over the top