Bacon Wrapped Shrimp & Pineapple Kabobs are served alongside a spicy Szechuan Greek yogurt sauce for a light and easy dinner idea bursting with flavor!
It is finally starting to warm up here in Minnesota and that means the start of grilling season is underway. What better way to jump-start the season than with these amazing Bacon Wrapped Shrimp & Pineapple Kabobs?! They’re right up at the top of the list for my favorite shrimp recipes and I love serving them up with a spicy Szechuan Greek yogurt sauce instead of Cocktail Sauce!
With only five ingredients, these kebabs and dipping sauce are super easy to make and are loaded with bold flavor. Wrapping the shrimp in bacon can take a few minutes, but you can plan ahead and prep the shrimp ahead of time and even make the skewers and store them refrigerated.
Whether you are heading to the lake for a relaxing afternoon or cooking up dinner after a long day of work, you can pop these skewers on the grill for a quick and easy meal the whole family will love!
I recently read an article that said bacon is starting to go “out of style” in the food world. Well, I don’t know about you, but bacon is here to stay in my cooking routine! It adds so much flavor to the simplest meals and just plain tastes amazing. Trendy or not, I love me some bacon, and especially when it is paired with healthy ingredients like shrimp, pineapple, and Greek yogurt for a meal I can feel good about!
- 1 pound extra large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 small pineapple
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Szechuan sauce
- If using wooden skewers, soak tham in water for 1 hour before starting this recipe. If using metal skewers, proceed as directed.
- Stir the Greek yogurt and szechuan sauce together in a small bowl and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Peel and core the pineapple and cube it into 1-inch pieces. Cut the slices of bacon into thirds lengthwise.
- Wrap each shrimp tightly with a third slice of bacon.
- Alternate skewering 3 bacon wrapped shrimp and 3 chunks of pineapple onto the skewers.
- Cook the skewers on a hot grill (of large skillet over medium high heat) for 2 minutes on each side. Once the bacon is crisp and the shrimp are pink, they're ready.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce on the side.
The perfect salad to pair with kabobs!
I definitely would cook the bacon till almost done before I put it on the skewer. If you do not precooked bacon , your bacon will not be done.