Bacon Wrapped Shrimp & Pineapple Kabobs are served alongside a spicy Szechuan Greek yogurt sauce for a light and easy dinner idea bursting with flavor!
Hi guys, I’m Danielle from The Creative Bite. I am so excited to be stopping by the Real Housewives once a month to bring you some of my favorite recipes! I’m from Minnesota and it is finally starting to warm up. That means the start of grilling season is under way, so what better way to jump start the season than with these fresh and amazing Bacon Wrapped Shrimp & Pineapple Kabobs with a spicy Szechuan Greek yogurt sauce!
With only five ingredients, these kebabs and dipping sauce are super easy to make and are loaded with bold flavor. Wrapping the shrimp in bacon can take a few minutes, but you can plan ahead and prep the shrimp ahead of time and even make the skewers and store them refrigerated.
Whether you are heading to the lake for a relaxing afternoon or cooking up dinner after a long day of work, you can pop these skewers on the grill for a quick and easy meal the whole family will love!
I recently read an article that said bacon is starting to go “out of style” in the food world. Well, I don’t know about you, but bacon is here to stay in my cooking routine! It adds so much flavor to the simplest meals and just plain tastes amazing. Trendy or not, I love me some bacon, and especially when it is paired with healthy ingredients like shrimp, pineapple and Greek yogurt for a meal I can feel good about!
- 1 lb. extra large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 small pineapple
- Dipping Sauce
- ½ c. plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Szechuan sauce
- Peel and core the pineapple and cube it into 1 inch pieces. Cut the slices of bacon into thirds lengthwise.
- Wrap each shrimp tightly with a third slice of bacon. Using wooden skewers that have soaked in water for an hour or metal skewers, add the bacon wrapped shrimp and chunks of pineapple alternatively to the skewers. There should be three shrimp and three pieces of pineapple on each skewer.
- On a hot grill or saute pan over high heat, add the skewers and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until the bacon is crisp and the shrimp are pink.
- Meanwhile, stir the Greek yogurt and szechuan sauce together in a small bowl and store refrigerated.
- Serve the skewers immediately with the dipping sauce.
The perfect salad to pair with kabobs!
Don't miss a bite!
Want to receive our recipes and custom meal plans right to your inbox? Make sure to subscribe & get a copy of Dinner Made Easy - 10 simple dinner ideas that only need one pot or pan!