Love to go camping? Us too! These 50 Easy Camping Recipes will become your go-to resource for planning your next camping trip!
My family loves to go camping. Getting out into the woods and finding that sense of calm away from the city is one of our favorite summer break activities. With two growing boys,e having easy camping recipes on hand is a must. These 50 camping recipes cover every meal of the day.
There is a wide variety of options to please your family’s palate. This is my go-to list whenever we’re heading out. From make-ahead options to on-site easy-to-whip-up meals, these are the best camping recipes around!
Start your day off right with these camping breakfast recipes! You just have to decide if you’re in the mood for sweet or savory.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies – Make ahead for a great snack in the car or an easy grab-and-go option in the morning!
- Camper’s Breakfast Hash – Eggs, cheese, and meat! A simple breakfast for the campfire.
- Churros Muffins – As good as any donut, and they travel well!
- Camping Breakfast Sandwich – Move over McDonald’s! This sandwich has you beat!
- Granola Recipe – Add some to your yogurt or eat by the handful!
- Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Foil Packets – Prep before you leave or assemble on-site and cook over the fire!
- Vanilla Almond Overnight Oats – A tasty set and forget option that’s better than cereal!
- Campfire Cinnamon Roll Ups – My kids love making these fun camping “cinnamon rolls.”
- The Best Ever Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes – This pancake better gets better overnight. Prep before you bed down and enjoy the morning!
These camping drink recipes have adults in mind since we usually bring water, Capri Suns, and sodas as a default.
- White Peach Sangria – Add your liquids to a large mason jar and your fruit to a Ziploc bag. Combine them in a plastic pitcher, let it sit for a bit, and you’re ready to go!
- Camping Margaritas – Freeze your margarita fix and throw it in the cooler! It will melt to slushy or liquid perfection!
- Jello Shots – Make them at home, pop on the lids, and throw them into a cooler. Boom. Cocktails are served!
- How to Brew Camp Coffee – Need your morning caffeine fix? Find the best way to brew coffee for your needs!
- Strawberry Agua Fresca – Refreshing and easy to make. Our whole family loves this drink!
Getting the munchies midday is no biggie with the best camping snack recipes! They’re a great way to satisfy those cravings between meals.
- Campfire Nachos – We love this for a fun mid-day lunch option!
- Horsetooth Trail Mix – Got a sweet tooth? This trail mix has your name on it!
- Chocolate Chip Energy Bites – Poppable and oh-so-tasty! Great for breakfast too!
- The Best Fruit Salad Recipe – Technically, this could be a side dish too, but we like it as a snack before or after lunch!
- The Best Beef Jerky – My boys go crazy for this beef jerky! So much better than store-bought.
- Peanut Butter S’mores Snack Mix – Because you should definitely have s’mores-flavored things when camping!
- Homemade Italian Herb Snack Mix – One bite, and you’ll be hooked! This snack mix goes FAST!
- Refrigerator Pickles – Great for a snack or serve ’em up with your burgers and dog
These simple camping sides can be made or prepped ahead of time and finished off at the campsite for an easy meal pairing!
- Camping Mac and Cheese – Prep ahead of time and cook over the fire! So much cheesy goodness!
- Campfire Grilled Ratatouille Kebabs – A gorgeous veggie option! I cut the veggies and home and assemble the skewers later.
- Pizza Pasta Salad – I love this pasta salad! Super easy to make, and it’ll keep in the cooler for days!
- Chicken Poppyseed Fruit Salad – Get a protein boost with your fruit. I love this for a light lunch too!
- 7 Layer Salad – Layer everything up in Tupperware and store the dressing separately. The veggies will stay crisp!
- Red Cabbage Slaw – Tangy and delicious! I prep ahead of time and mix it with the dressing later. This slaw is great all by itself or paired with your dinners!
- Southwestern Mason Jar Salad – add everything to a jar, and you’re set! Shake before eating to mix everything up in the dressing.
- Firey Campfire Veggies – OMG! This recipe is so good! Fresh veggies seasoned to perfection!
- Three Bean Salad in a Jar – A classic dish ready to go in a jar. Grab it from the cooler and dig in!
Camping dinners don’t have to be complicated! In fact, the easier, the better! These meals are simple, delicious, and sure to satisfy!
- Spicy Teriyaki Grilled Steak Kabobs – Meat is always on the menu with my guys, and they love this teriyaki steak!
- Shrimp Scampi Foil Packets – Gourmet food at the campsite is easier than you think!
- Pizza Grilled Cheese – A family favorite and SO easy to make. You can even your pie irons for them.
- Mason Jar Ramen – Use hot water boiled over your campfire to cook your ramen!
- Fish and Vegetable Foil Dinner – A lighter meal option that’s great for lunch or dinner!
- Walking Tacos – My boys ask for these all the time. Just cook the taco meat in as killer over the fire and you’re ready to go. I love how easy they are to make and customize with your favorite toppings!
- Pressed Italian Sandwiches – These sandwiches are great! Make them before you leave, wrap ’em, and put them in the cooler under your other foods. They’ll get pressed naturally!
- Southwestern Mexican Packets – Great flavors and always a hit with my family!
- How to Make Campfire Pizza – Yes, pizza while you’re camping. Everyone is going to love you!
- Grilled Chicken Fajita Skewers – Grill ’em up and serve with tortillas. So easy!
- Foil Pack French Dip Sandwiches – Prep ahead of time and warm up over the fire. You can’t go wrong serving this sandwich!
- Smoked Sausage and Potatoes Foil Pack Meal – Big enough to share or feed one teenage boy. 😉 Simple and delicious!
Camping dessert recipes? Yes!! You’d be amazed at what you can make over the campfire!
- Picnic Perfect Banana Pudding – Hand everyone their own mason jar and watch this pudding disappear!
- Pound Cake and Berry Campfire Skillet Dessert – Easy and so tasty! I love the Rolos for a little chocolate and caramel indulgence!
- Campfire Cakes – Baking on a campfire. Everyone will be impressed!
- S’mores Campfire Banana Boats – If you’ve never had a grilled banana boat, you are missing out, my friend!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars – Make ’em at home and grab them when you have a sweet tooth craving!
- Campfire Cones – Load them up with marshmallows, chocolate, and your favorite add-ins. A family favorite!
- Campfire Tarts – Cook the “crust” over the fire, and add your favorite pie filling and whipped cream for a bite-sized treat!
- Indoor S’mores (outdoors) – Pass the graham crackers and get dipping!
If you enjoyed these recipes, you may also enjoy our collection of the Best Grilling Recipes!