Bold, beautiful, and delicious are only a few ways to describe The Best Fruit Salad Recipe you will make. The flavors of all the fruit mixed with fresh mint and sprinkled with a little brown sugar are sensational!
Fruit Salad is one of those dishes that goes perfectly with any meal all summer long. It’s right out there is a good pasta salad recipe in my book. The fruit is so juicy and fresh I always have to make room for it on my plate, or just get a bowl for it alone. Either way, plate or bowl, I am not going to pass up a delicious Fruit Salad Recipeand neither should you.
THE BEST FRUIT SALAD
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SIDE DISH pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I have to say besides the succulent fruit in this salad the chopped up mint leaves and the lite dressing poured over the top really steals the show. Mint just has this way of infusing so much flavor into your recipes and it really makes this Fruit Salad stand out above all others.
What do you put in Fruit Salad?
Fruit Salad is like a smorgasbord of deliciousness, it can have so many different fruits to enhance the flavor and really bring a pretty edible setting to your table all on its own. With Summer knocking at the door you should also try this Easy Watermelon Feta Salad or Strawberry Avocado Spring Salad. Both are great options and will be loved by all your guests.
For The Best Fruit Salad I added:
But you can always add more or substitute with what your family loves.
What fruits are good to mix?
You want to try and separate the acidic fruits from the sweet fruits since not all fruits taste good together. For example:
- Paring bananas with grapefruit or pineapple with grapes may not taste very pleasing. So be aware of the fruits you mix, but again it’s your salad and your the boss.
Another thing I love about this an easy fruit salad is the simplicity of the dressing. It is a lite fruit salad dressing that is enhanced with mint, the juice of one large orange and some brown sugar. It adds just the right amount of minty-sweet flavor that doesn’t take over the salad and leaves it refreshing.
How to make fruit salad:
This is such an easy fruit salad to make, you will love it.
- Begin by peeling and dicing up all your fruit and placing them in one large serving bowl.
- Make the dressing by adding mint leaves, the juice of one orange (or a cup of regular orange juice) and a few tablespoons of light brown sugar to a blender. Blend until smooth and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Combine all the fruit together and toss in more chopped mint leaves. When ready to serve, drizzle the dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve chilled and enjoy.
This will be the perfect Fruit Salad recipe for all your Summer cookouts. Bring the party to the table and enjoy every juicy and refreshing bite.
Other Fruit Salad Ideas
- Grape Salad
- Berry Cheesecake Fruit Salad
- Boozy Tropical Fruit Salad
- Berry Fruit Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Creamy Fruit Salad
- Frog Eye Salad
- More side dish recipes…
Tools used to make The Best Fruit Salad Recipe
Mason Jar: Mason jars are great for storing everything from salad dressing and coffee creamers to overnight oats and all kinds of delicious make-ahead dishes!
Food Processor: Slice, chop, and grate anything you need with this food processor. I’ve had this model for years and use it all the time. It’s a great workhorse in my kitchen and I’d recommend it to anyone!
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Wooden Spoons: Wooden spoons are a kitchen essential. I keep a bunch of them on hand for every meal from breakfast to dinner.
- 1 pint strawberries sliced
- 5 kiwis sliced
- 5 oranges peeled and diced
- 2 grapefruit peeled and diced
- 12 ounces blueberries
- 1 cup Mint chopped and divided
- 1/2 cup Orange juice (or juice from 1 large orange)
- 2 tbsp Light brown sugar
- Add all fruit into a large serving bowl and gently mix to combine. Add in all BUT 2 tablespoons of chopped mint.
- In a blender or food processor add orange juice, 2 Tablespoons chopped mint, and brown sugar. Blend until smooth, and refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Pour dressing over fruit a little at a time until you have reached your desired amount, gently toss and garnish with light brown sugar and reserved mint and serve.