Easy Fruit Pizza is a tasty treat made with a from-scratch sugar cookie crust, topped with a smooth cream cheese frosting and decorated with plenty of fresh fruit!
The only thing that I love more than a warm slice of cheese pizza is a sweet, refreshing slice of Fruit Pizza! This recipe is a great, fun, twist on pizza and is always a hit at any party or potluck. A sweet, slightly crisp cookie crust, a slightly tangy frosting, and your favorite fruits, there’s no way you can go wrong with a fruit pizza.
For today’s recipe, we start with a simple and completely from scratch sugar cookie dough that’s baked into our pizza “crust”. We’ll top that off with a simple silky cream cheese frosting “sauce” and then plenty of fresh fruit slices (use your favorite fruit varieties, nearly any will work!). This simple dessert is sure to be a showstopper at your next party!
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
I’ve always loved fruit pizzas – they’re so simple to make but with their pretty fruit toppings and sweet taste, they’re always a hit wherever you bring them…just like Better Than Sex Cake but with fruit. As you’ll see, fruit pizzas are highly customizable to your flavor preferences and they require very little effort for an impressive looking treat!
How do you make Fruit Pizza
You will need a sweet sugar cookie dough for your base. For today’s crust recipe, I’m using my favorite easy sugar cookie recipe, but you could substitute a store-bought sugar cookie dough instead. You’ll chill your cookie dough, roll it into a 12″ disk, and bake until the edges are golden brown. Let this cool completely, and then top with your simple cream cheese frosting, and then your favorite fruit.
What Fruit Should I put on my Fruit Pizza?
Fruit pizza is very customizable, so use your favorite fruits! I used sliced strawberries, sliced kiwis, blackberries, and blueberries. Bananas could work, but keep in mind that they will brown as they sit (I don’t love bananas on my fruit pizza and prefer to save mine for banana muffins and other baked goods, instead).
Please note that many fruits (like sliced strawberries) will bleed into the frosting over time, so it is recommended that you not add the fruit to your pizza until shortly before you plan to serve it.
Want more of our favorite fruit recipes?
- Watermelon Fruit Salsa
- Creamy Fruit Salad
- Berry Salad Fruit Lettuce Wraps
- Fruit Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- Grape Salad
- Peach Cobbler Recipe
- More dessert recipes…
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoon milk
- 4 cups Assorted fruit (I used sliced strawberries peeled and sliced kiwis, blueberries, and blackberries)
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and egg, stir well.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until completely combined.
- Remove dough from the bowl and form into a disk (dough will be sticky, lightly flour your hands if needed) and wrap with cling wrap.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a pizza pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Once dough has chilled, remove from cling wrap and place on a well-floured surface.
- Dust dough with flour and use a rolling pin to roll dough out into a 12" crust. Transfer to prepared pizza pan and bake on 350F for 18 minutes or until edges are just beginning to turn light golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before covering with frosting.
- To prepare frosting, use an electric mixer to combine cream cheese, butter, salt, and vanilla extract in a large bowl, beating until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until well-combined. Add milk or heavy cream (starting with just 1/2 Tablespoon and adding more as needed to reach desired consistency).
- Spread cream cheese frosting over cooled pizza.
- Decorate with fruit slices, slice and serve.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!