BERRY SALAD FRUIT LETTUCE WRAPS are one of the BEST ways to eat fruit salad! Fresh berries smothered in sweet and tangy, incredibly creamy Honey Mascarpone that tastes indulgently gourmet but takes minutes to whip up!
With the weather warming up enough to paddle board after work, I want to fill my lungs up with springtime air and shout that the outdoor season is officially here! And with outdoor season comes backyard barbecues, poolside get togethers and beach hangouts – and they all need food, good food. With every potluck, I love bringing something stress free, simple, fresh yet slightly indulgent that everyone gobbles up in a flash AKA I love to spoil my friends with Berry Salad Lettuce Wraps. Not only are they perfect for your outdoor hangouts, they are beautiful enough for special occasions like upcoming Mother’s Day, baby or bridal showers or just because brunches.
The Honey Mascarpone envelopes the sweetly tart fruit in a velvety bath that is soooooo creamy. And although the Honey Mascarpone tastes restaurant gourmet, it is super easy to create simply by whipping mascarpone, vanilla Greek yogurt, honey, sugar, lemon juice and red wine vinegar together. If you aren’t familiar with mascarpone, its an Italian cheese that is rich and creamy with a subtle milky, sweet, slightly tangy flavor, that is somewhere in between butter and cream in texture so it whips up and envelops beautifully and more importantly, deliciously.
To push these Berry Salad Lettuce Wraps over the edge to crazy delicious, I like to sprinkle mine with Caramelized Pecans for a caramelized crunch that transforms these lettuce wraps into heaven, pure heaven. Or what I imagine heaven to taste like.
- 8-12 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 lb. strawberries, chopped
- 6 oz. raspberries
- 6 oz. blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup mascarpone (4 oz.), softened
- 1/4 cup Greek vanilla yogurt (I use nonfat)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Zest from one lemon
- 1/2 cup Caramelized Pecans, chopped*
- Add all of the fruit to a large bowl.
- Whisk together all of the Honey Mascarpone ingredients until very smooth. Add Honey Mascarpone to fruit and gently fold together until well combined. Add additional sugar for sweeter, more lemon for tangier. Spoon desired amount of filling into lettuce leaves and sprinkle with nuts. Best if served immediately.
*This recipe is for 1 cup nuts, simply half the ingredients and follow the directions as outlined.
Carlsbad Cravings Original
You might also like:
Don't miss a bite!
Want to receive our recipes and custom meal plans right to your inbox? Make sure to subscribe & get a copy of Dinner Made Easy - 10 simple dinner ideas that only need one pot or pan!