Grilled potatoes are tossed with bacon, grilled onions and a mustard dressing to make GRILLED POTATO SALAD, a delicious side for any backyard barbecue!
During the heat of August I try to keep my oven off as much as I can. It’s been pretty hot here lately and I’m not as used to it as I was when we lived in Arizona. In the evenings it does cool down but it takes time for the inside of my house to cool so I like to cook dinner out back on the grill. That way my house isn’t hotter and I can relax on the back porch while dinner cooks. I had never tried potatoes on the grill before I made this and I’m so glad that I did! They were delicious and tasted great the next day also.
Real Housemoms TV
The grilling the potatoes you get a great outside and then the inside is soft and airy. Adding the grilled onion and bacon make them even better and it really is simple to make. I love that they are dressed with mustard and olive oil. That means that they can be made for a barbecue for friends and you don’t have to worry about them sitting out! I ate these straight off the grill and pipping hot and then later after they had cooled to room temperature and I really can’t say which was better. My husband couldn’t get enough of them so you know they’re good.
- 1 lb small potatoes I used a mix of red, yellow and purple
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- heat grill to medium heat
- slice potatoes in half lengthwise and place in a medium sized bowl
- add the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and mustard powder and toss to coat the potatoes
- lay the potatoes on the hot grill cut side down
- lay the onion slices on the grill as well
- allow to cook for 7 to 10 minutes until you can easily flip without tearing the potato
- allow to cook an additional 7 to 10 minutes
- while potatoes grill, add spicy mustard to the previous mixing bowl and whisk with remaining olive oil mixture
- remove potatoes from grill and place in the bowl
- remove the onions to a cutting board and chop
- add the chopped onion to the bowl, as well as the bacon and toss to coat everything in the mustard mixture
- serve warm or room temperature
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!