Camping trips and stay-cations with the family only improve when you make super fun and oh-so-chocolaty S’mores Campfire Banana Boats!
Gather around the grill, campfire, or oven to inhale the sweet scent of bananas and chocolate when making deliciously gooey S’mores Banana Boats! These tasty boats are ready in minutes, and all you need are bananas, chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham crackers for a treat everyone will go bananas for!
The first thing that everyone should pack when going camping, or when you’re planning on spending the day in the backyard, is food. By food, I obviously mean the chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows, but now I always add bananas to that list too! These S’mores Banana Boats are game-changing, with their gooey chocolate, sweet banana, and marshmallow flavors that I would almost leave my sleeping bag at home if it meant I had enough room for all of my sweets! Making these on the grill or in the oven at home is fun too, and you can even cook them in an air fryer!
Not sure what else to cook up while camping in the woods or in your backyard? Check out 50 Easy Camping Recipes for the Great Outdoors or 25 Foil Packet Dinners for Your Next Grill Out!
Other Recipes to Serve with S’mores Banana Boats
- Start the vacation at home off right with Baked S’mores Donuts– they’re the perfect combination of everyone’s favorite foods!
- Hit the road with a snack that will keep the family powered up for great adventures with Peanut Butter Banana Roll-Ups.
Bananas: Pick up enough bananas for each person to have their own.
Chocolate: Grab chocolate chips or chocolate chunks to stuff your bananas with.
Marshmallows: Mini marshmallows work great in these treats, or cut large marshmallows into smaller pieces if that’s what you have on hand.
Graham Crackers: You will need graham crackers to sprinkle into the boats and use as a scooper.
How to Make S’mores Banana Boats
STEP ONE: Using a knife, slice the banana lengthwise but leave the bottom of the peel intact. Without peeling the banana, loosen the peel from the banana and cut the banana into 1/2-inch thick slices.
STEP TWO: Stuff the banana with the chocolate chips and marshmallows, then sprinkle more chocolate chips. If you want, you can sprinkle crumbled graham crackers now or after the boats have cooked.
STEP THREE: Wrap each banana in tin foil to secure the ends.
STEP FOUR: Grill for 8-10 minutes until the chocolate and marshmallows are melted and soft. Use graham crackers to scoop the S’mores if you wish!
Tips for Success
- To make these banana boats in an air fryer, prepare them as written. Then set your air fryer to 390 degrees F and cook the bananas for 8-10 minutes.
- The banana peels will turn black while they cook. This is normal and only means that your s’mores banana will taste amazing.
- Let’s talk toppings! Since these are a mix between a banana split and a s’more, you can add more of your favorite toppings. I’m talking strawberries, mini peanut butter cups, toffee chips, coconut flakes, almonds, peanuts, or whatever you like!
- These S’mores Banana Boats can also easily be prepared, wrapped in foil, and then grilled once you are ready for them.
What’s the difference between a banana split and a banana boat?
Banana splits are popular summer, cold sweet treats, with a banana split in half, scoops of ice cream in the middle, and topped with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and cherries.
S’mores banana boats are warm, year-round treats that combine the best parts of s’mores and banana splits, namely bananas and chocolate.
If you think about it, trying to do banana splits while camping wouldn’t be convenient, but these S’mores banana boats are easily made anywhere. They’re the perfect portable dessert!
What desserts can you cook on a fire?
By far, banana boats and s’mores are the most popular desserts to make over a fire or on a grill, but there are many other tasty options as well! Grilling just about any kind of fruit is a fantastic idea, like Grilled Pineapple, which can be eaten as a dessert or on a burger, and Grilled Fruit Kabobs. Peaches and apples, either on their own or made into foil-pack cobblers, are amazing on the grill. With all of these yummy choices, you may have to pack a cooler of just desserts!
More Banana and S’mores treats to indulge in!
- Banana Split Poke Cake
- Brownie Batter S’mores Dip
- S’mores Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- No-Bake S’mores Cheesecake Bars
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 12 mini marshmallows
- 1/2 sheet graham cracker crushed into crumbs
- Graham crackers for scooping
- Using a sharp knife cut through the upper peel of the banana and the banana itself, leaving the bottom peel intact. Then carefully loosen the banana from the peel and cut it crosswise into ½-inch thick slices.
- Sprinkle ¾ of the chocolate chips over the banana and stuff in the marshmallows, trying to spread everything out evenly. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.**Add the graham cracker crumbs between the banana and chocolate, or add the crumbs on top after cooking.
- Wrap the banana in tin foil and grill for about 8-10 minutes until the chocolate and marshmallows have melted, and everything is nice and soft.
- Carefully unwrap the foil and serve with more graham crackers for dipping.
Leave a Reply