Green Goddess Dip is a bright, fresh dip packed with flavorful, oh-so-creamy herbs. It’s perfect for veggies, crackers & even chicken!
Green Goddess Dip brings that fresh from-the-garden scent indoors, creating an easy, creamy dip ready in just minutes. Fold fresh basil, parsley, and green onions into a lightened-up mayo and Greek yogurt sauce perfect for dipping in all your favorite veggies and crispy snacks!
If I could bottle all of the delicious herby smells from my garden to enjoy all year round, I would be the happiest person on the planet. In the summer, though, I can surround myself with this scent and eat it by making batch after batch of Green Goddess Dip! No vegetable, chip, or piece of chicken is safe around me. When I make this incredible dip, I eat it with everything. This dip is a refreshing snack and a huge party hit, so take my advice and make plenty!
Can’t get enough of creamy, vegetable, and herb-filled dips? Then Dill Pickle Dip and Skinny Veggie Dip are two must-make dips for you!
Other Recipes to Serve with Green Goddess Dip
- Every summer party needs yummy Cucumber Sandwiches, and your garden might even be making enough cucumbers to feed an army!
- Kick back at the patio party with your delicious dip and a tall drink of Moscato Strawberry and Lemon Mojito– life doesn’t get any better.
Veggies: To make this dip, you will need a few green onions, fresh basil, and parsley.
Dairy: Pick up your favorite non-fat greek yogurt as well as mayonnaise.
Seasoning: For this dip, you will need both salt and pepper.
Pantry Item: A little white vinegar will also be used in this recipe.
How to Make Green Goddess Dip
STEP ONE: Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor.
STEP TWO: Pulse the ingredients until combined and smooth.
STEP THREE: Serve immediately or refrigerate the dip to give the flavors more time to develop.
Tips for Success
- To keep this dip light, non-fat greek yogurt is suggested, but regular Greek yogurt can also be used, and the dip will be a little creamier.
- If you’re growing various herbs at home, toss in your favorites, along with the basil and parsley! Herbs like chives, dill, and tarragon are wonderful additions.
- This dip will last for 5 days when refrigerated in an airtight container.
How do I make this dip dairy-free?
More dairy-free alternatives are available at local stores, making substituting ingredients much easier. Vegan yogurt and cream cheese are widely available and can be used instead of traditional Greek yogurt. You may need to use a little more vegan yogurt to achieve a thicker consistency, but this depends on the brand of yogurt you purchase. When subbing vegan cream cheese, you may need to add a little water to thin the consistency or leave it as-is for a beautifully thick dip.
What can I serve with this dip?
The creamy, herby flavors in this Green Goddess Dip are wonderful with veggies, crackers, chicken, bread, and as a spread. Surround the dip with carrot sticks, celery, sweet peppers, and tomato wedges or slices. Pita crackers, potato chips, and pretzels are delicious scoopers; everything is great on a baguette. Elevate your favorite sandwiches with this dip as a sandwich spread, or boost your chicken dinner by topping it with Green Goddess Dip. Include the dip in any snack or meal for a huge flavor boost you’ll love!
More delicious veggie dips for every occasion!
*This post was originally posted on 03/31/2014.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Cover and pulse until the herbs are small and a thick paste has formed.
- Serve with veggies or crackers for dipping or spoon over grilled chicken.