Easy BLT Dip is a simple recipe using everyday ingredients in your kitchen that’s sure to be a hit at your next party or potluck!
I don’t know about you, but I’m up to my ears in fresh out of the garden tomatoes right now! That means lots of BLTs (heavy on the ‘T’) in my house this summer. However, a girl can only eat so many BLT sandwiches, believe it or not, so recently I decided to try something slightly different that would help use up the bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes that I’ve been keeping on hand, and I’m so glad I did! This Easy BLT Dip has all the flavors I love paired with some cheesy goodness for a dip that disappears almost as fast as you can make it!
EASY BLT DIP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
While I generally prefer sweet dips (like this edible cookie dough!) it’s great to have a savory staple on hand, and so I developed this BLT dip that I’m sharing with you today.
For the creamy base of this BLT dip, I used equal parts sour cream and mayo and went a bit heavier on the cream cheese. Make sure that your cream cheese is softened to room temperature before attempting to stir it in with your other ingredients (if you forget to set it out in advance, you can cut it up into pieces and microwave it at 8-second intervals until it is soft enough to be easily stirred).
Then, crumbled bacon pieces and shredded sharp cheddar cheese are stirred right into the dip (as well as a bit of garlic and pepper). I always prefer to use bacon that I’ve cooked and crumbled myself (especially in my bacon jalapeno popper dip!), though in a pinch or if I don’t feel like cleaning up grease splatters I’ve also substituted store-bought bacon pieces — just make sure that they are real bacon pieces and not just “bacon flavored”… that’s a critical difference that can make or break your BLT dip!
Everything is then topped off with finely chopped lettuce, plenty of diced tomato (I used Romas, diced with the seeds scooped out), and top everything off with even more bacon and cheese!
Want more easy dip recipes?
- Warm & Cheesy Crack Dip
- Ultimate Loaded Garlic Chicken Dip
- 1-Minute French Onion Dip
- Spinach Bell Pepper Dip
- Greek Layered Dip
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Easy BLT Dip recipe
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
Serving Dish: This classic white dish is great for baking casseroles or serving up your favorite dip!
- 12 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ garlic powder
- ½ cup + ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- ¾ cup well-crumbled bacon or bacon bits divided
- ½ cup finely chopped iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup diced Roma tomatoes seeds scooped out
- Chips or Crackers for dipping.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, pepper, and garlic powder until well-combined.
- Add ⅓ cup shredded cheese and ½ cup crumbled bacon and stir until ingredients are well-combined.
- Evenly spoon dip into an 8x8 dish.
- Top off with lettuce and tomato and then remaining ¼ cup crumbled bacon and ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- If not serving immediately, keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy. Serve with crackers or chips.