Creamy AVOCADO MANGO RICE is the most addictingly delicious Mexican side that makes every meal better or just add some chicken for a complete dinner!
Whenever I make Mexican food, I somehow always end up combining rice, avocados and mangoes in one form or another. The texture of the rice, the sweetness of the mangoes and the creaminess of the avocados spiked with lime is a mouthful I just can’t seem to get enough of. So in order to create the perfect bite, I combined these palate pleasing ingredients into one heavenly bowl of Avocado Mango Rice.
To whip up this easy side, simply make your rice on the stove or in your slow cooker along with optional black beans if you like (and I do like). While your rice cooks, add your avocado, sour cream, milk, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and a splash of seasonings to your blender to create your Creamy Avocado Blender Sauce. Add this sauce to your cooked rice and you have the most creamy, unbelievably delicious rice that is savory, sweet and salty with a touch of tang.
Real Housemoms TV
This Avocado Mango Rice is also very versatile – add some tomatoes to simmer with your rice, stir in some cheese, or add chicken for a complete meal. Wrap it up in a taco, burrito or use as the base of taco salad. Any way you devour this Avocado Mango Rice, you won’t want to stop. Like I said, addictively delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups long grained rice rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken broth may sub vegetable broth
- 14.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 2-3 mangoes peeled and chopped
Creamy Blender Avocado Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream I use light
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 jalapeno seeded, deveined and roughly chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Add rice, beans (optional) and chicken broth to a large nonstick skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low (dial should be a little above lowest setting), cover, and simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring at 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, add all of the Creamy Blender Avocado Sauce ingredients to your blender and bend until smooth. Stir into cooked rice until well combined, adding milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Season with additional salt, pepper and lime juice to taste. Stir in mangoes or top individual servings with mangoes.
You might also like:
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!